Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
RE: Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
Here you go.

Attached Files
.csv   O2Ring 2020-08-03 230404 truncated.csv (Size: 346 bytes / Downloads: 12)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 02:03 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: "select the files from the download directory on your PC."

I cannot find the Viatom / O2Ring files on my Mac. I checked the Library, the User/Library, Application Support in both locations. Looked for both Viatom and O2Ring folders. I cannot find the data anywhere.

Where is the data hiding on my Mac?

I upgraded OSCAR just now to 1.1.1 and now see the Data/Import Viatom Data option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2020, 12:18 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: Here you go.

Ugh, the forum is telling me "You do not have permission to access this page." when I try to download it Sad  Can you paste it into a post?
Post Reply Post Reply
Open your Insight Pro app. Select the "Options" button. At the bottom should list the data location. The app will add a folder to this path and name it using the serial and device number. You can change this location if it will be easier to find in the future. I relocated mine to the directory that has automated off-site backup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently the Mac version of O2 Insight Pro does not allow the user to select the data storage location. The "Options" button brings up a dialog box that gets user info, but there is no info about the data storage location.

I found the data by searching for "Viatom." The company sure buried the data deep in an unusual location on the Mac. Here's the path on my Mac...

/Users/[user_name]/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/19082C5634

Here is the "Options" dialog box...

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  Mac users got gypped.  Big Grin

If you aren't allowed to access the data directory, try changing the permissions on it.

BTW: Don't bother trying their customer service. I contacted them to see if they might provide the code, so I could try building a Linux version. They responded by telling me to use the Android version. I replied that it only works on an Android device, and they told me, correct, that I shouldn't be trying to use it on a Linux machine... Go figure! I guess it got lost in translation.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2020, 01:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Wow!  Mac users got gypped.  Big Grin

Well, it's the price of distributing via the app store. The app is sandboxed, so by default it can't write to the Documents directory.

Documentation for where files are stored on Mac was already here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...port#macOS

But I may not have all the steps exactly right for the walkthrough. Feel free to let me know what could be improved!
Post Reply Post Reply
Initial data converter added, only does binary->CSV at the moment, and I find it unlikely the CSV will match what the Viatom app spits out since I still cannot see an example.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this should be listed as a reply or new thread?

I have the Resmed W/oximeter module.  When I uploaded data on OSCAR, I do not see this info?  I got the module so that it would me more accurate than a stand alone oximeter, anyway to read/sync this data from the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum! Have you checked to see if these parameters are turned on in the Preferences? Additionally, check the dropdown box in the lower right of the Daily screen to see if these parameters are selected as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 149 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 234 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 547 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.