Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
RE: Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
You probably could also prompt for the spacing from the ui and pass that in or make 2 import options. It should be obvious if it is wrong to the user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Also it looks like bytes 0xD to 0xE in the header indicate the total number of seconds in the session (could be a 32-bit int, actually, but those are the low 16 bits).

@sawinglogz found a couple bytes in the header that could be used to distinguish.  If somebody sends me a couple sample 4-second files, I'll add that to the Viatom code to do automatic distinguishing of 2-sec/4-sec files.  That's not something the user reasonably needs to worry about, and it looks like it can be dealt with in the importer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm finally working on this in earnest, and I've sorted out all the remaining header fields.

In the process, I discovered that your 2s data is actually 4s resolution, but with each sample reported twice! I'll tweak the importer to detect and fix that when it imports.

I think I'll have this ready in time for beta-2!
Post Reply Post Reply
...and I've just merged preliminary support into the master branch. Thanks, spacewrench, for the initial work on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you figure out why the data wasn't getting saved?  That's a change I'd pull from github!

Thanks for finishing up the importer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it turns out there were a few additional save operations that were performed by higher-up functions for existing loaders. (In particular, the summary cache wasn't getting updated, and it's not properly abstracted, so you have to maintain it manually!)

There are a lot of other fixes, so you're probably best off updating to the latest master anyway.

(That's why it's always good to do your own development in a branch, even if you never merge your changes back into master, since that makes it easier to sync back up with upstream periodically.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently have a 0 -2 ring by wellue can I import the data into OSCAR or are we at a impasse I tried a ezbrowser for converting but it doesnt seem to work I am not a data wiz by any means
Post Reply Post Reply
The next beta (and then release) of OSCAR will at least support the Wellue SleepU / Viatom Wrist Sleep Oximeter files downloaded via their O2 Insight Pro PC application. I haven't yet seen sample data for the O2 Ring specifically, so I can't say for sure whether that will work as well, but I suspect it will.

Either way, at the moment, this means you need to download your data from your oximeter using one of their apps (Android or PC at this point), and then eventually you'll be able to load that data into OSCAR.

There is technically a way to get the files out of their iOS app, but it involves extracting the sqlite database from an unencrypted backup of your phone/tablet and then running some sqlite commands to extract the files.

Eventually we'd like to be able to download the data directly from the oximeter, but we're not there yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
sawinglogz - I bought a Contec Model CMS50I wristwatch style recording pulse oximeter.  And I am on a 2018 MacBook Pro laptop.  Are you interested, or in need of data files from this device?  I have played around with the device long enough to say that I definitely do like the design, its battery life and user interface.  But I have not played around with getting its data into my Mac.  I did download some drivers that were recommended, but haven't had the time to install them.

If I can be of service in providing data files or anything else, please let me know.

Ref: CMS50I (that last character is I like "eye").  Contec has many models available.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I just pulled a fresh copy of OSCAR-code and built it on MacOS.  Loading my Dreamstation data, I get "500X110 generated data that OSCAR has never seen before."  Is this expected, or would you really like a copy of my SD card?  (Similar message on first Viatom load; maybe this is expected?)

Multiple Viatom file load seems to work OK, and the Viatom data is properly saved when OSCAR exits.  Everything looks good so far!

I have an old iPad that I think I can run the Viatom app on.  If it'll help, I'll look into methods of getting the data off of iOS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 191 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 257 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,534 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 202 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 663 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 279 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 574 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.