Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
RE: Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
OSCAR Team...I've read this entire thread and am thoroughly confused about getting O2Ring data into OSCAR.

I have both a Contec and an O2Ring. I was successfully importing the Contec data into OSCAR, but I got tired of the big bulky machine on my wrist and the uncomfortable fingertip sensor. So I gave up on that, but I continue to use the O2Ring.

O2 ring is light and comfortable. I pull the data off as a CSV file every few days (unfortunately, the on-board memory only stores four days of data).

So, here's my question:
Is there any way to import the O2Ring CSV data into OSCAR?

Are simple step-by-step instructions available? Are any file translation steps required? I saw one reader used R to convert the data to a Somnapose file format, but I'm trying to avoid more steps.

It would be so great to just save the O2Ring CSV file and import it into OSCAR!

Thanks.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
You can download Wellue's O2 Insight Pro software if you are using a Mac or Windows PC. You use that program to download the data to your PC. To import it in OSCAR, after importing that current day's data, go to Data ⇾ Import Viatom Data and select the files from the download directory on your PC. Viatom and Wellue are the same. You don't use the CSV file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I've been assiduously saving the CSV files for months. Is all that effort wasted?

I wrote a program to convert the one-second CSV data to probability cumulative distribution function which I then chart. It's a helpful way to see how I am doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see why you couldn't turn the CSV back into binary data, though I don't know of anything that currently does this. Adding a CSV import function to OSCAR may be a better idea though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 09:04 AM)kappa Wrote: Have you had a look at bleak as an alternative python module to use? It seems to be more cross-platform. I've been using it to talk to my BLE accelerometer...

I wasn't aware of bleak.  After looking at it, it uses asyncio which I have never used before, so there's going to be a bit of a learning curve for me if I want to switch to it.  I'm not sure if those man-hours would be better spent adding BT support directly to OSCAR...

(08-19-2020, 03:50 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Yes, right now it's filtering based on the canonical names exported by the Viatom software.

I was already considering changing that, since Windows can't support anything other than *.ext filters, which thus required the non-native Qt file dialog on the platform, and since I'm planning for the overhaul of the oximetry wizard to allow selecting any files and leaving OSCAR to figure out what oximeter they belong to.

So, that's on my radar.

Modifying ViatomLoader::getNameFilter() to be `return QStringList("Date/time (20[0-5][0-9][01][0-9][0-3][0-9][012][0-9][0-5][0-9][0-5][0-9])") << "Viatom Binary Data (*.vld)";` makes it selectable, however it's still ignored when importing entire directories.  Any particular reason selecting multiple makes it import the entire directory instead of just the selected files?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 06:09 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: Thanks. I've been assiduously saving the CSV files for months. Is all that effort wasted?

I wrote a program to convert the one-second CSV data to probability cumulative distribution function which I then chart. It's a helpful way to see how I am doing.

Ah, the irony. OSCAR currently only understands the binary files. You can get those from the PC/Mac apps, from Android, and with some effort from iOS as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 08:27 PM)MyNameWasTaken Wrote: Modifying ViatomLoader::getNameFilter() to be `return QStringList("Date/time (20[0-5][0-9][01][0-9][0-3][0-9][012][0-9][0-5][0-9][0-5][0-9])") << "Viatom Binary Data (*.vld)";` makes it selectable, however it's still ignored when importing entire directories.  Any particular reason selecting multiple makes it import the entire directory instead of just the selected files?

Yes: the current loader architecture doesn't support providing a list of files to import. You can only pass it a single path. (That's something I plan to change as part of a larger overhaul.)

The multiple selection as a proxy for the entire directory was a bit of a hack to work around some platforms' file selection dialogs being unable to select a directory.

Ugly wrinkles, but there you have it.

I'm not sure why it's ignoring the .vld files if you make that change, though. It should be using the filter both for the file selection and the import.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ironic, indeed! CSV has been the lingua franca for data for 30 or 40 years and I can't use it to load data into OSCAR.

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there an example of the CSV data around here? I'm making a converter but don't know what Viatom's data looks like as the Android app only exports as PNG (ugh). If someone could post the first few lines out of a .csv file it would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Android app stores the Viatom/Wellue raw data in a folder named, ViHealth, on the phone.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=25853]  [Image: attachment.php?aid=25851]
You can either export the directory contents via Google Drive or connect the phone to your PC and download the files.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 149 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 234 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 547 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.