Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
Money 
RE: Added a new pulse oximeter importer...
Hiya folks, I'm sorry to be "that guy" but I'm having difficulty getting (shadowmoon.waltz's fork) o2ring.py to work. I'm sure this is just user error but can somebody give me a nudge in the right direction please? If I jiggle the o2ring so it wakes up and I run:
Quote:python3 o2ring.py -v --csv
it sits for about a 20 second timeout with:
Quote:Namespace(brightness=None, csv=True, ext='vld', hr_alert_high=None, hr_alert_low=None, keep_going=False, multi=False, o2_alert=None, prefix=None, scan=30, screen=None, verbose=1, vibrate=None) Connecting...
 and then spits out:
Quote:No devices found!
disconnecting all

I would be happy if I could just download the bin and/or csv file. I'm on a debian based distro, got bleak installed, and I'm afraid the readme isn't enough for me. (am I dense?) Unsure

Should I try the original version? Am I using wrong CLI options? Are my expectations of how it should work wrong? Can I do this through the proprietary USB cable?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? If so, you can use the Viatom/Wellue app and then download the data file from it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do any of the sample bleak scripts work? i.e. can you see your ring/sleepu using discover.py. You might need to wake up the ring/sleepu by plugging/unplugging charger/sensor
Post Reply Post Reply
@Crimson Nape: That works but I do not want to have a dedicated offline android device, virtual or otherwise just to accommodate this oximeter. (Using a M$ VM also works)
@kappa: Sorry, I can't find these bleak sample scripts including discovery.py. However, it is no longer giving me the error I first posted. (even after reboots..?)
Now it says:
Quote:python3 o2ring.py -v --csv
Namespace(brightness=None, csv=True, ext='vld', hr_alert_high=None, hr_alert_low=None, keep_going=False, multi=False, o2_alert=None, prefix=None, scan=30, screen=None, verbose=1, vibrate=None)
Connecting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "o2ring.py", line 168, in <module>
    loop.run_until_complete(task)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 616, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "o2ring.py", line 65, in main
    await manager.start_discovery()
  File "/home/moarZs/Desktop/oximeter.backup/o2r/o2r-master/o2r/o2bt.py", line 142, in start_discovery
    await self.scanner.start()
  File "/home/moarZs/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/scanner.py", line 166, in start
    assert_reply(reply)
  File "/home/moarZs/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/utils.py", line 23, in assert_reply
    raise BleakDBusError(reply.error_name, reply.body)
bleak.exc.BleakDBusError: [org.bluez.Error.InProgress] Operation already in progress
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I'm asking a stupid question, but are you sure that your computer has Bluetooth capability, and it is operational?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I was going down the same path of questioning presence of Bluetooth Low Energy support (not all host BT hardware supports BTLE). You can get discover.py from the bleak examples: https://github.com/hbldh/bleak/tree/develop/examples
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks. I didn't realize bluetooth version 4+ was needed. I'll try it on one of my newer laptops or buy the latest BT dongle.

Is there a way to do this via the USB cable?

For the possible benefit of other forum readers, here is one way to determine your bluetooth version: "hciconfig -a |grep LMP"

You're looking for LMP 6.x or higher...

LMP 11 - Bluetooth Core Specification 5.2
LMP 10 - Bluetooth Core Specification 5.1
LMP 9.x – Bluetooth 5.0
LMP 8.x – Bluetooth 4.2
LMP 7.x – Bluetooth 4.1
LMP 6.x – Bluetooth 4.0
LMP 5.x – Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
LMP 4.x – Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
LMP 3.x – Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
LMP 2.x – Bluetooth 1.2
LMP 1.x – Bluetooth 1.1
LMP 0.x – Bluetooth 1.0b
Post Reply Post Reply
I have more questions, sorry:
1) I was thinking of sniffing the USB interaction between the device and O2 Insight Pro in windows and replaying it in nix. My concern before I try this is that I might be able to trigger the initiation of the upload of the binary files (using "usbrply" for example) but how would you tell linux to receive the file? Anybody know how to go about this?
2) Do the original/older/unforked @shadowmoon.waltz / @MyNameWasTaken o2ring.py scripts also required bluetooth 4+ / BLE?
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that the oximeter uses a USB/HID cable and not a standard USB/USB one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I've captured the USB traffic. It's essentially the same commands and data format as is used on the BLE communication path, but with USB HID as the transport. The HID data contains the data length as the first octet and then the data for that packet, padded out to 32 bytes total. It should be relatively straightforward to adapt the o2ring bleak script to use pyusb or similar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 196 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 274 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,554 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 205 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 665 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 281 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 576 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.