Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR
Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR
I've been using OSCAR for a while to view the data from my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, which does not automatically adjust it's internal clock for daylight savings. The date and time settings are on the clinician's menu, so the user presumably isn't meant to adjust the machine's clock either.

This didn't really bother me until I recently got a Contec CMS50H pulse oximeter and started importing data from it into OSCAR to see if my SpO2 or heart rate varies when the CPAP machine reports an apnea or hypopnea. Obviously for this to work they need to be time synchronised, but if I enter the time in daylight savings time into the CMS50H at the start of the session, they're out by an hour because the CPAP machine is in standard time.

Would it be possible to add support for daylight saving adjustment to OSCAR so that it presents times in daylight savings time when displaying sessions that were captured when DST was active?

Cheers,
Graham
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR
From my limited knowledge of OSCAR, it only records the time without an identifier for DST. Even if it did, many users travel with their CPAP and are setting the time to a different time zone on a regular basis.

When importing your SpO2 data, there should be an option to either use the oximeter's time or use the CPAP's staring time. Try selecting the latter.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2021, 03:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: From my limited knowledge of OSCAR, it only records the time without an identifier for DST.  Even if it did, many users travel with their CPAP and are setting the time to a different time zone on a regular basis.  

When importing your SpO2 data, there should be an option to either use the oximeter's time or use the CPAP's staring time.   Try selecting the latter.

This would involve adjusting times during import, or recording whether DST was in effect and adjusting them when displayed later.
I suspect most users aren't travelling most of the time; it makes sense to optimise and automate the most common case.
Unfortunately the CPAP time is the one that's incorrect, unless the user knows how to access the clinician's menu and bothers to change it; which the manufacturer appears to discourage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eventually we'll probably record everything as UTC and convert local timestamps to that upon import.

But for now it's a bit of an inconsistent mess, largely thanks to the different manufacturers doing different things.

(And it will eventually be easier to fix timestamps after import.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does OSCAR support Philips Respironics DreamStation APAP Model MPN: DSX500H11 ktho64152 2 96 02-18-2021, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ktho64152
  OSCAR support for DeVilbiss BLUE (DV6x) machines GuyScharf 0 93 01-11-2021, 12:00 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Feature request: BMC machine support pumba 4 256 09-20-2020, 09:47 PM
Last Post: pumba
  OSCAR Software issues [support for Apex machines?] Lavenuwl 2 370 06-07-2020, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Lavenuwl
  Adding personal events to Oscar drmaestro 3 286 05-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  oscar support for APEX machines imrj 1 242 05-13-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Question Adding Second Machine to Oscar? neocephas 3 367 02-18-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.