Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding second Machine to Oscar
Adding second Machine to Oscar
Hi, im new to posting on this forum so hope this question is in the right area. I was wondering if anyone can help me add a second cpap device to the Oscar software. I currently have my Dreamstation data recorded, but I have had to buy a second machine due to the Phillips recall issue, I have now got a Resmed Airsense 10 and wish to use this now with Oscar. Do I just now insert the SD card as I did when downloading data from the dreamstation (eg... will Oscar work it out and start adding it to my existing profile) or do I need to have a second profile for this machine. Obviously Id prefer to have all data in one place, any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adding second Machine to Oscar
The machines are different and have different file structure. New Profile is recommended.

Go to the Profile section and create a new profile with the new machine.

Also you will find the AS10 is a different machine setting wise so you will have to tweak that.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Brent. Just one other question, I suppose once I create the new profile for the AS10 all the past data (which is 2 years worth) will not show on the new profile, but will reside on the old Phillips profile, is that correct? I would have like it to append on the end of the original data from the Dreamstation, which happens easily when I use a second dreamstation when I travel (or rather used to!)... but as you said, re the file structure, two dreamstations would be OK as both are same model. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hiya,

Just remember to use a separate SD card for each machine, you don't want to over-write the data.

You can have as many profiles as you like (well, more than one anyway).

Easy enough to create a new profile, and if you don't like it you just delete it.

I use two different Resmed Machines: separate SD card for each.

I just pop the relevant card into the PC card reader, and import into the relevant profile or profiles.

Note: OSCAR has no problem with this. ResScan does "kinda" import them into the same profile, but there are some glitches.

No harm in experimenting, just backup your SD card to your PC/Cloud/External drive (like you normally do, right?)

Others will be able to tell you if you can have data from 2 different machine manufacturers i.e. mix PR and Resmed data.

[attachment=34275]

[attachment=34276]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help, I have created a new profile and it works fine!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 10 years worth of PRS1 CPAP data, from more than one machine (the two I currently own, and the first one that got returned due to noise).  It is in one profile.  I also just started using a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I put that data in the same profile.  It works.

The only problem is when I’ve used two machines on the same night.  For instance a nap in the guest room, where one machine is set up, and the regular part of the night on my main machine.  OSCAR tends to ditch one machine or the other - I think it over-writes whatever was loaded first. This means hours of use are lost.  That’s when having separate profiles help, as it keeps each machine’s data fully.  But I don’t mind too much in those rare instances.  

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the data is there for both machines, because the data is stored in each machines folder. I think nobody ever expected that somebody would use two machines on the same sleep day, so we look for the machine with the latest 'last imported' date --- unless it's just random. In any case, we don't have a way to combine the data from two machine folders on one set of graphs.

Sorry about that.

It's hard to argue that you don't have a valid use case, since all the most experienced users here insist you use your machine every time you sleep... But it's a tough nut to crack, and it will take a redesign of the database to allow it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
With both PRS and ResMed machines in the same profile, you'll see some oddities on the statistics page because ResMed and PRS report some pressure values in different channels, which are reported separately.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 326 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 573 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 444 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Different AHI reported by Oscar and my machine Pixel Ninja 9 1,439 06-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Setup of New Machine in OSCAR Melman 1 551 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 632 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR: Couldn't Find Valid Machine Data Kyriosjon 11 1,404 05-24-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.