Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding second user to SH
Adding second user to SH
I am using SH and my name comes up as the user so I don't have to click on select user. Can I add my husband's ResMed machine and info (and his name) in the same download and just select which user when the software is opened? Saves a second download....until he sees how interesting it is to check your progress and then I'll put it on his computer!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adding second user to SH
Yes! If your name/data is showing up when you start SleepyHead, go to the File->Change User->New Profile and create a new user account for him.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To add a new user, in the File menu, click Change User. The window will close - don't panic - and a smaller window will open. On the right side you can Add User, and go through the whole profile setup business. Then you will probably want to go to your Preferences and un-check 'Skip User Selection Screen' at the bottom of the Import tab Smile otherwise you may find yourself using two machines at the same time...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank both of you for the quick response. The members of this forum are the greatest! I have
learned so much in a short time--both my DME tech and sleep doctor's assistant were pretty impressed. SH went over better with the DME tech since they don't get that much info, but the sleep doc didn't say much. He did grant my request to go from CPAP to APAP, but with a really tight pressure range. I'll change that after a week or so of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had a chance to add my husband's ResMed S9 AutoSet to SH yet, but hopefully will have some free time next week. That model seems to work fine with SH from what I can determine from posts on the forum. Any tips I need to know about this particular machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 01:11 AM)SideSleeper Wrote: I haven't had a chance to add my husband's ResMed S9 AutoSet to SH yet, but hopefully will have some free time next week. That model seems to work fine with SH from what I can determine from posts on the forum. Any tips I need to know about this particular machine?

It'll work just fine on SleepyHead. You will probably find it doesn't give as much information as your Respironics (eg it doesn't show RERAs) but all the basics will be there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm reserrecting this old post since I didn't ever get my husband's info added to SH. He didn't seem all that intrested and it just got pushed to the back burner. Lately he is taking an interest in at least checking his AHI every morning--we sort of have a contest to see who did the best. His machine, or mask, or him--not certain--often makes some odd noises that wake me up. He is hard of hearing so doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. Hopefully SH will give me a clue. Since this first request for help I've changed computers, updated to Windows 10, and loaded the newest SH. Are there any changes in the steps that have been so nicely presented to me earlier this year to accomodate these updates? Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
No changes. Just start Sleepyhead and go to File/Change User, and create the new user profile. You don't need to add any personal information at all, just create the account. When that is done and that user account is active, import the data from his machine. It is important that the correct account be active when data is imported.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. I have this on my to-do list for tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 398 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - Overview Charts - Would Adding Moving Average Lines Have any Merit? RayBee 5 957 12-20-2021, 06:21 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Adding second Machine to Oscar enad67 7 1,490 08-14-2021, 05:05 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR greyham 16 2,719 03-25-2021, 05:23 PM
Last Post: kappa
  Adding personal events to Oscar drmaestro 3 980 05-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Question Adding Second Machine to Oscar? neocephas 3 1,105 02-18-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  OSCAR bug report; adding Notes removes Pressure Stat from Overview pg. Rembo 1 703 07-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.