Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Additive to the water reservoir.
Grin 
Additive to the water reservoir.
Hi, I'm back, dusting off my machine. Big Grin

For some time now I feel dehydrated with subsequent dry sinuses and breathing through my mouth causes it to dry and I wake up many times to drink some water. Fortunately my bladder seems younger than the rest of me. Smile To help with this I've raised the humidity of the mach. and bought a full mask so I am always breathing humid air.

Is there any additive, possibly primrose oil, that would would help further? There is a proprietary mixture Biotene that should be gargled to increase the saliva generation. I added some of that hoping a slow application would work but alas, but that was before I realised I had a low humidity setting. 

Anyone experiencing a dry mouth? What do you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Additive to the water reservoir.
I don't recommend adding anything to the water as you're breathing it. I have a dry mouth some mornings, other mornings not an issue. Just depends on the night. I do find setting the hose temp around 27C helps me, a degree or so either sie and i end up with a mask full of water, or a dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try using Xylimelts. You can pick them up on Amazon. They work pretty well for me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any scents should be applied to a cotton ball or similar absorbent material and placed near the machine intake. Do not directly add any of the materials to the humidifier chamber or other parts of the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this what you are thinking of?

[img][Image: w6XH8YV.jpg][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL...!
Post Reply Post Reply
*wonders how a nice Burbon would go in the humidifier and whether that would produce a decent nights sleep*
Post Reply Post Reply
Evaporation produces pure water vapour/molecules.  It doesn't bring up the stuff you add to the water. If you add something for an olfactory benefit, it is itself a volatile that is also evaporating.  Trouble is it will leave residue inside the water reservoir.  Generally, that isn't salutary.  Not for long, anyway.

I would use the cotton ball tip for smell only, unless the smell if of a type that makes my mouth water.  Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
It's probably not necessary to say this, but if you put booze in the humidifier you will get more alcohol than water coming through the tube, at least at first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2018, 04:27 PM)matthewb Wrote: *wonders how a nice Burbon would go in the humidifier and whether that would produce a decent nights sleep*

this was a sarcastic thought and not to be taken seriously heheeh. We need a sarcastic emoji methinks Tongue-out-2 this one will do for now
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 449 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.