Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjust Settings or Leave Them Be?
RE: Adjust Settings or Leave Them Be?
Melman, when I took my EPR to 0 from 2 it had an immediate positive effect on my numbers. I have had a week of consistent .5 and .7 results (on the night I had some beers!) With the events being Hypopneas or misdiagnosed CA events for the most part. Most times 0 obstructives! Hypopneas are much preferable to OA events in general.

I would encourage you to drop your EPR to 0 and maybe change back to 8 if you find 9 too uncomfortable to breathe against. That was my own magic setting. Even if I go up to 8.2 my results get worse... I also find 8 very comfortable to breath against with 0 EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on a constant CPAP setting of 10 until I got some advice on this forum. It didn't do much for my AHI but I didn't find it uncomfortable. Nine shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
For me, 9 caused more centrals than 8. Without EPR on both. With EPR I seemed to get more centrals with either pressure setting. Keep it in mind if the same thing happens to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2017, 01:00 AM)Marillion Wrote: For me, 9 caused more centrals than 8.  Without EPR on both.  With EPR I seemed to get more centrals with either pressure setting.  Keep it in mind if the same thing happens to you!

Good point. I looked at my data again. My CA averages. For the 20 days I was at a constant pressure of 10, my CAI averaged 0.17. At 8-14 for 30 days it was 0.23. For 15 days at 9-14 it has been 0.10. It doesn't appear that going from 8-14 to 9-14 did not effect my CAs. They were also low at a constant pressure of 10 but I guess by including that I'm comaring apples to oranges since the pressure never went above 10.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, regardless. Those are nice numbers. Maybe give a couple of days to settle in.

Are you still using EPR? At those kinds of results I don't think it really matters either way. You're doing really well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either of those two options would achieve the same thing. Up to you. I do think you are down to 0.4-0.6 cm changes (Resmed likes even numbers).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 337 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 296 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,085 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 605 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,383 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 373 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.