Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjusting System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (450P) settings
Adjusting System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (450P) settings
I am able to get into the clinician menu, but Im not sure how to get my settings to "stick". If I exit the clinician menu and reinsert my card, the settings are lost. If I try to insert my card while in the clinician menu, I get an SD card error (reinsert card). I just had my pressure changed and they wiped out my Flex+ setting.

also, Im not sure why Im not setup for autoIQ..does this work? I would think this would be better than a constant pressure..

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjusting System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (450P) settings
Hi
p28312 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your questions but hang in there and someone, will know and be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 09:56 PM)p28312 Wrote: If I exit the clinician menu and reinsert my card, the settings are lost. If I try to insert my card while in the clinician menu, I get an SD card error (reinsert card). I just had my pressure changed and they wiped out my Flex+ setting.

also, Im not sure why Im not setup for autoIQ..does this work? I would think this would be better than a constant pressure..

Thanks!
I don,t use your machine but guess the original setting are locked on the card and doesn't allows any changes to be made
if this case .. either use the machine without the card or get a new card
flow data need the card to be in the machine while sleeping but stats and compliance get written on the card

don,t know about the IQ but the manual is available via Email (scroll down to section three .. make sure you ask for the right one)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right. I must need Encore Pro to write/manage the settings on the card. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
No, what you need is a new card. Or reformat that one to remove the settings. What you set via the clinician menu will stick.

I don't think it is a matter of the machine writing the settings onto the card but the DME or doc putting the settings onto the card and forces the machine to reset itself when the card is inserted.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 11:05 PM)p28312 Wrote: I think you are right. I must need Encore Pro to write/manage the settings on the card. Thanks!
what Paula said. DME/provider wrote something on the card and locked it so you cannot make any changes to the setting with the card in the machine. if you want make any changes ...leave the card out and don,t put it back
whenever you get a new card, insert into the machine ... the machine write compliance data on the card
the 450 is supported by SleepyHead so you view your own data

Post Reply Post Reply
There's a file or two on your SD card that tells the machine to set itself at a certain pressure. Buy a new card and your problems will be over. You might want to hold on to the old one as it's got your data on it. At some point you may want to use your computer to take a look at that data and see how your therapy is going.

BTW, what prompted you to change your pressure?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 09:56 PM)p28312 Wrote: I am able to get into the clinician menu, but I'm not sure how to get my settings to "stick". If I exit the clinician menu and reinsert my card, the settings are lost. If I try to insert my card while in the clinician menu, I get an SD card error (reinsert card). I just had my pressure changed and they wiped out my Flex+ setting.

Thanks!

Hi p28312
Welcome
I have a similar machine & I use EncoreBasic & it will allow you to modify your prescription & the SD card will be write locked using the small sliding tab in the side of the SD card, & then you may need to do one other thing

Check you Private Message (PM)
I can send you some info on to do it

Post Reply Post Reply
Encore Basic or Pro can write a new "prescription" on the card. There is an option for "one time" or "locked" prescription settings when Encore writes the prescription to the card. They appear to be stored in some sort of bastardized form on the card that doesn't show up easily in windows.

If they're not locked, they set your machine one time, and then you're OK. If they're "locked," you'll get an SD card error if you try to change the settings.

I agree that formatting the card or putting in a new card should solve the problem. In theory, your compliance data should automatically be written to the new card, although your high resolution data like airflow waveforms will not be on the new card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 12:57 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: I have a similar machine & I use EncoreBasic & it will allow you to modify your prescription & the SD card will be write locked using the small sliding tab in the side of the SD card,

But if you lock the card using the sliding tab how does new data get written tot he card?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 293 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,057 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 130 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.