Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjusting/changing time in OSCAR Files
Adjusting/changing time in OSCAR Files
So I found out my Vauto 10 was 26mins ahead and set it back to normal. Is there anyway to adjust/edit files in OSCAR to fix up the offset? If not, i'll make sure weekly I check up on vauto time in clinic menu going forward.

Already got how to Modify incorrect O2 ring file here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-and-OSCAR and just wondering if CPAP time drift can be adjusted?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjusting/changing time in OSCAR Files
Instead of typing it again, please read my post here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid441738
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Prob should have extended it there and i get how to fix oximeter time but vauto time file adjustment is what I was wondering?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no way to adjust the CPAP times during or after import.

The 'clock drift' parameter in preferences is mis-named; it applies a constant correction to the CPAP time. Many of the 10 series run fast or slow, so their clocks must be adjusted regularly if you want to synchronise to a real clock.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just changed machines. My previous machine (Series 60) was incorrectly set at factory or something, I found the time was out by 43 minutes. So I set a clock drift factor of -43 minutes which corrected the time. However I now have a new machine, a dreamstation. It has the ability to change the time by increments of 30 minutes. I have it set on the correct time. But the import reads 43 minutes early because of the previous clock drift setting. So I changed the clock drift to 0 which corrects the time for the dreamstation readings, but retrospecively goes back thorugh the records and resets the Series 60 times as well. Is there any way to have it simply correct the drift from a time going forward rather than applying it restrospectively?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pitdroidtech!  -  Welcome

Unfortunately, the time drift setting in OSCAR is global and doesn't allow a separation of days.  Unless you're trying to sync your CPAP with another device, the actual time isn't important.  While it is annoying not seeing the actual time, it is the amount of total time that is important to your therapy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding. Yeah I get the actual time is what's important. And there's not much likelihood it will ever be an issue, but the data geek in me finds it hard to bare!

I guess I could start a new profile for the new machine. Which is also not ideal but would allow me to atleast keep the two data sets pure as far as time goes. Though at the end of the day, remembering back, a year or two into my therapy when I realised my machine time clock was wrong, I adjusted the drift to correct it and found this same thing now so the first two years of my therapy are already out of sync with the actual time. I think I'll just live with it. 43 minutes ain't too bad.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 32 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 86 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 88 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 203 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 246 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 203 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.