Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adjusting clinical settings on Resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Adjusting clinical settings on Resmed S9 VPAP Auto
I received my clinical manual for my S9. I have been using it for about three weeks now with great success. This is after having had no luck in convincing a potential vendor for the unit why I did not believe the pulmonologist's prescribed settings would work for me. Largely due to the choice of an automatic mode's function of raising pressures when I did not inhale.

A second vendor was reasonable and worked with me on the adjustments. I am in a manual mode and also slightly lower in pressure. The results are my O2 stat is where it belongs and my AHI is regularly from .1 to .3. My pulmo doc thinks that is wildly successful. She just does not know I am not set where she prescribed.

I am going to tell her they are different after I have learned how to adjust it. Then my vendor will be free of suspicion.

There is a two button command to access the menu. If I repeat that once in there, will it bring me back out?

Just starting, and don't want to make a mistake.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Adjusting clinical settings on Resmed S9 VPAP Auto
In any of the clinician windows, scroll down and select the "Home". That goes back to the main screen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Select home by pressing what button?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2013, 06:06 PM)bigsnowdog Wrote: Select home by pressing what button?

When in the clinician menu, turn the button on the right until HOME is highlighted, then push that same button in to select HOME (which will take you back where you started).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I assumed since you had gotten that far, you would know what to turn.

Like SS said, turn the round knob next to the two silver buttons until "HOME" is highlighted. Then tap the button in the middle of the knob.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Once you're through adjusting, you can also just press the power button to turn the machine on, then turn it back off and you'll be on the home screen.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigsnowdog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck on getting your settings just right for you. It sounds like you are off to a good start.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When I received the S9 VPAP Auto I was led to believe that the unit would adjust the IPAP and EPAP to lower values if my breathing did not need the max values. The machine ramps up the the values set 13 and 11 and stays there all night. How do I get that auto adjust function turned on?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 295 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 130 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 251 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.