Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event Analysis Thread
RE: Event Analysis Thread
Whenever leak seen to spike up for a short period of time and then plateau, can be interpreted as mouth leak, and usually dry the mouth too
I find chinstrap helps with mouth leak, full face mask is another option but I haven't figured how to make it work

The minimum pressure set at 5 but does not drop below 7 for the entire night and as 95% and maximum pressure at 10, there is room to increase the maximum pressure a little. Never know if that going to increase CA events. For some (not everyone) EPR can increase CA events
For a starter, I would turn off EPR and see how it goes, can be be turned back on if did not like it being off
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like the really large amount of leak happened at the beginning of the session when you were first putting the mask on - I am inclined to think that you turned on the machine, and then donned the mask. For most of the night the leaks are modest with a few peaks that could be either mouth breathing or mask leaking. I can't tell which. For me, either one usually wakes me up.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Nananeedssleep,
27 days and your numbers are heading in the right direction.
I think you could tweek your pressure range a bit.
From looking at your graph, I would move the minimum setting to 7 and the maximum pressure
to 11.
You just have to watch that your clear airways don't increase.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me like you may have some mask leaks and some mouth leaks. I would try a chin strap first if you have not already.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have stated,

The only thing I can say at this point (being new) is my leaks tend to be at the higher pressures. I just started using a chin strap, so In my case, now my leaks tend to be when I roll over and at a much lower rate. Like just barely over 24L/min. The chinstrap took the mouth breathing out of the equation for me, if in fact that was my cause.

I just converted from CPAP @ 14cm H2O to APAP 9-14. My average is in the 10-11 range for my sleep sessions. WITH A MUCH IMPROVED lowering of leaks.

(09-09-2015, 05:26 PM)Nananeedssleep Wrote: Here are my results from 2 nights ago. This is my first try to do screenshot, so hope it is successful. My big questions are, can you tell if my leaks are from my mask or my mouth? And, should my pressure be adjusted at all? Any thoughts, advice is welcome. My leak rate is still 19 according to the clinical menu.

I'm not sure about adding the attachment, preview doesn't show it. Hope it will show up when I post.
Here is graph, hopefully.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,430 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,596 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.