Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] APEX Easy Compliance Software Now Available
Arrow 
APEX Easy Compliance Software Now Available
Thanks to a kind Apnea Board member, APEX users can now download the Easy Compliance software for their CPAP machines.

Please read this thread for download instructions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...1-Software

Note:  You will need to be logged into your Apnea Board forum account to access the above link.  If you need to register for a free forum account, click here.

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the software.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APEX Easy Compliance Software Now Available
Follow the instructions in the manual regarding the USB driver. When the CPAP was first plugged in, it went to windows update looking for the USB-serial driver even when I had already pre-installed the driver. It could not find the device, but this was anticipated and covered in the instructions. There is a manual and an auto detect function in the drop down menu for the software setting the com port.

Subsequently, a pop-up said it found the driver and was installed. I then used the auto detect and the com port automatically set itself. For this setup I was using an Asus laptop with USB cable to the CPAP.

You don't need to go through the above if you use the SD card. Interestingly the SD card is not a 'leave in' feature like in the Resmed but more as a medium for data transfer. The CPAP will auto copy data to the card once it's inserted and will indicate end once the process is completed and the card is ready for removal. Guess it has a built in software eject function to protect the card.

The software provides the necessary basic information. One graph covers A, H & S. Another covers pressure, and the third covers leaks. You won't get all the other graphs in Sleephead, which I haven't learnt to use or interpret.

The Apex XT auto is very quiet. Does not feel like a hurricane during the night even when the mask leaks. The Mrs slept through the night without disturbance from air gushing out from the mask port. The graphs seem to bear this out as pressures in APAP mode appear generally lower than that shown in Sleepyhead for the S9/A10. The min pressure was set at 4 to allow the algorithm and the machine to adjust from there. I guess if one needs a higher pressure floor, just set the min pressure higher.

If I hadn't been able the get my hands on the full version of the software, I wouldn't have bought the Apex XT Auto. I'm now good to go!

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, i have the same machine but I dont think it came with a disk for the software, should there be one with it?

Thankjs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep getting an error.
"Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one"

Does anyone know why i am getting this or how to fix it please?

Regards
Darren.
Post Reply Post Reply
Darren, is it possible that your computer is installing updates in the background and that is causing the message you're getting?

Or maybe try re-booting your computer, and restarting the installation program perhaps?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2016, 10:14 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Darren, is it possible that your computer is installing updates in the background and that is causing the message you're getting?

Or maybe try re-booting your computer, and restarting the installation program perhaps?
Hi, you were spot on with what you said, my PC was installing other updates so I re-started it an it worked, I now have the program. Thanks.

I have searched this forum a bit and I am trying to find somewhere where it might be listed to point in the direction of baseline settings, I purchased my ICH Auto online and without a sleep test. (Lived in a small town and my employer would have found out at the time and it could have been excuse for me to be deemed not fit for work.)

I have worn my device twice and had the humidifier set at level 5 and the first night pulled the mask off in my sleep. The 2nd night I think I had set the ramp up speed as the air coming in was fine and I was able to fall asleep with nasal mask on, but at some stage after that it felt like someone had stuck an airgun under my nose as I was awoken to a massive amount of air coming into my nose and felt like I am choking.

So I am pretty sure I do not have the settings correct.

If you or anyone could help at all it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Darren.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please disregard request, have found the page where i send an email asking for assistance, thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick Guide -

Installing and Starting Software
1. Close all applications before installation.
2. Insert the Easy Compliance CD into your computer’s DVD/CD-ROM drive.
3. The installation program window will automatically pop up. The program will guide you through the five steps required to install the drivers and the Easy Compliance Software. After the program finishes one step, press the button for the next step to complete the installation.

NOTE- If the program does not automatically run, locate the DVD/CD-ROM drive on your computer. Once located, click it and look to your right to see all the files on the CD. Select ‘Easy Compliance’ and double click. The Setup WiZARD will be displayed. Follow the instructions to complete the installation of the Easy Compliance Software.

Step 1: Installs USB-to-Serial: CDM Driver. Once finished, click Step 2.
Step 2: Installs USB-to-Serial: PL2303 Driver. Once finished, click Step 3.
Step 3: Installs PDF creation. This step will:
1) Welcome you to the CutePDF Write Setup Wizard – Click Next
2) Select Accept the Agreement – Click Next
3) Select Install
Step 4: Installs Easy Compliance Software. Once this step is executed, your computer will display the Setup WiZARD. Follow the instructions to complete the installation of the Easy Compliance Software.
NOTE - Should the installation “get stuck” on Step 4-
a) Go to your Computer to access the DVD/CD-ROM Drive.
b) Double Click on the Easy Compliance icon. Click Next.
c) This step asks you to select where the program will be installed. If okay with the location, select next.
d) This step asks that you confirm Installation by clicking Next
e) Once the Installation shows as complete- click Close
If the “install” dialogue” comes up again. Click the X to exit. The Easy Compliance software is now installed (there will be no need to go to step 5 as it is completed). Please go to the location where it was saved (normally the desktop) and double click the icon and you are ready to use the compliance software.
Step 5: Installation complete and exit

Extracting Data via SD Card-
1) Insert SD Card into SD Card slot.
2) Open the Easy Compliance program on your computer.
3) Click on Download Tab (located at the top) and select “Extract Data Via SD Card File.”
4) A dialogue box will open. Locate the SD Drive and select.
5) Double click on ID folder.
6) If blank, within the dialogue box, go to File Name and on the right select either the .ape or .cpe extension. Once selected, click on the ID folder again.
7) Double click on Easy Compliance Software icon.
8) You are ready to view the report and enter the patient information (see tabs located at the bottom).

Saving information under Patient Name
1) Select Patient Profile tab and click edit. Enter information. Once finished, select ok.
2) Select Clinical Details tab and click edit. Once finished, select ok.
3) Select Patient Notes tab and enter information.

Saving a Patient Profile

1) Under File, select Save As and select the location you wish to save the patient under.

Note – you may want to create a patient folder on your desk.

Changing Device Settings

1) Select Settings Tab located at the top.
2) Select Change Device Settings via SD Card
3) Once Dialogue box opens; Select between CPAP and APAP and make appropriate changes/updates.
4) Select Apply. Settings will be saved and Patient will need to insert the SD card into their CPAP machine for changes to reflect/apply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I cannot connect to the CPAP via USB. Error said cannot find COM port. I tried manually set connect setting. It didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you install the Windows drivers?

The download page has a PDF instructional manual, make sure you follow that exactly:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...1-Software

On the link above there's a link to download the windows drivers as well.

You're supposed to first install the Easy Compliance software, then install the windows drivers. You might also have to re-boot prior to running the software.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 579 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.