Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] APEX Easy Compliance Software Now Available
RE: APEX Easy Compliance Software Now Available
(12-23-2016, 11:31 AM)rcaban Wrote: Before I install, does anyone know if its compatible with Windows 10? I noticed other versions, but not 8 or 10. I'm afraid to install. Also, I think the drivers are not necessary if using an SD card. Am I correct in that assumption as well?

Hi Roy, welcome to Apnea Board!

Easy Compliance (version 3.2.1) was created before the Windows 10 release date. If you choose to install it and it doesn't work, you usually can get it to work using the "program compatibility" options installed in Windows 10.

Read more here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...compatible

As far as the drivers are concerned, the instructions say to install the software, and then the drivers. So it probably wouldn’t hurt to simply install the software and see if it works okay without the drivers. If not, you can always install the drivers after the fact.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Super Sleeper thank you very much. I will try and share my experience.

Happy Holiday!

-Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
I have successfully been able to read the data from the Apex XT Auto and use for the Easy Compliance software however I cannot seem to get the Change Device Settings via SD Card to see my device settings. I am at the root of the D drive, where my SD Card exists and my patient profile is loaded. The Change Device Settings via SD Card is NOT grayed out so the software sees it but no machine settings will load. The window states that it cannot find the machine settings file. Is this a separate file? I followed the instructions from the software by navigating to the root of SDCard and still cannot find the settings. I navigated to the directory on the SD Card where the patient file is and cannot see machine settings but I have successfully loaded the patient file and reads by the software well. Anything I am doing wrong? I know this is Windows 10, maybe that's the issue since this software is so dated but really just about everything else is working. The only thing I did not do is load USB drivers, I don't see a need for it since the SD Card works and the software recognizes and reads the data off the card normally. Just can't seem to find those machine settings off the card. Any ideas?

-Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not used the change device setting via SD card function as I do it straight on the machine, so can't comment at present. I also used the USB cable as it is much easier than plugging the sd card in and out. Sooner or later the sd card slot is going to wear out, especially if you happen to be like me, I look at the data everyday Rolleyes

If I'm not wrong, after 15 days thereabouts, the detailed charts gets updated and they get replaced a day at a time. So if you want detailed historical charts, you need to create new files every 14 days or so. And rename them accordingly.

With just 6 clicks the system downloads the data: File, 'choose the lastest in the list', Download, Com Port Auto Connect, Download via Com Port icon, pop-up appears & click download. After doing this everyday it's so easy you don't want to mess with the sd card. This is a feature I miss about the APEX.

Attached are the links to the relevant manual page for Change Device Setting via SD card, in case you've not seen them. Hope it helps, as I haven't tried it out myself.

http://imgur.com/nn03FmQ
http://imgur.com/FhFJot4

lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2016, 02:18 PM)rcaban Wrote: I have successfully been able to read the data from the Apex XT Auto and use for the Easy Compliance software however I cannot seem to get the Change Device Settings via SD Card to see my device settings. I am at the root of the D drive, where my SD Card exists and my patient profile is loaded. The Change Device Settings via SD Card is NOT grayed out so the software sees it but no machine settings will load. The window states that it cannot find the machine settings file. Is this a separate file? I followed the instructions from the software by navigating to the root of SDCard and still cannot find the settings. I navigated to the directory on the SD Card where the patient file is and cannot see machine settings but I have successfully loaded the patient file and reads by the software well. Anything I am doing wrong? I know this is Windows 10, maybe that's the issue since this software is so dated but really just about everything else is working. The only thing I did not do is load USB drivers, I don't see a need for it since the SD Card works and the software recognizes and reads the data off the card normally. Just can't seem to find those machine settings off the card. Any ideas?

-Roy

I've tried mine and also can't find the machine setting file from the SD Card root to sub-dirs. Looks like you need to do the adjustments manually on the machine.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the machine setting with SD card works for me after I unlocked the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine's been unlocked all the while. Are you able to see what's the extension of that particular file? My card has 2 files ending with extensions .ape and .apf. The easy compliance software could only read or identify one of them and they are not in the root directory.
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the contents of my sd card
ROOT->APAPDATA->ID080006->ID080006.APE
ROOT->APAPDATA->ID080006->ID080006.APF
ROOT->PSETTING->ID080006->PRESET.APT
ROOT->PSETTING->ID080006->PSET.APT

I just remembered that I did get an error popup that said the app could not find some file. This was before I unlocked the card and before I gave it the ID080006.

I have to cycle the power to the machine to have the card change the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lets see if rcaban can get his pc to work its magic. The psetting directory looks familiar.

lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Checked my sd card. There is no subdirectory for psetting, only apapdata. In any case, I'm ok manually setting the machine. Thank you for sharing the information! Thanks
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 617 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 573 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,006 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.