Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] Apnea Board Handout Flyer
Idea 
[Image: handout-small.jpg]

~ Apnea Board Handout Flyer ~

Over the years, a few folks have asked me to create a printable "flyer" or "handout" for Apnea Board so that they can easily tell friends and relatives about Apnea Board. I didn't do it then, but now a recent discussion on our Linkedin Group (comprised more of health care professionals) reminded me of the need for such a flyer for health care professionals to let their patients know of our online community here.

So, I've created a printable PDF Handout that can be cut in half and distributed to anyone you like - friends, relatives, other patients, health care professionals, etc.

You will need to install the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these files.

Link to Apnea Board Handout (color version) [1.6 MB]:

http://www.apneaboard.com/Apnea-Board-Handout_color.pdf

Link to Apnea Board Handout (black & white version) [0.9 MB]:

http://www.apneaboard.com/Apnea-Board-Handout_b&w.pdf

Note: Flyer margins corrected & pictures optimized on 4-24-13

Feel free to print your own copies and distribute these freely, if you like. Coffee

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool. Very nicely done! Thanks

You can also use the free but less intrusive PDF-Viewer software.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome SS!

I think I will give this to a guy at work that falls asleep at the desk all the time. Not sure if he even realizes that he starts snoring. Months ago when he overheard me talking about my SA he commented that his dad had SA. Before thanksgiving I asked him if he could posible have apnea but he didnt think so. Still----- he keeps falling asleep and snoring at the desk EVERYDAY!!
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply

I just printed 40 of them and delivered them to my DME. They are the largest DME in the metro area (about 1 million), and have hundreds of clients. The respiratory therapist was impressed and, while I watched, placed them in a stack on the table in his consultation room. He is very in favor of patient empowerment and tries to help people get the best out of their therapy. I am lucky to have them for a DME, and to have a sleep doctor who also encourages me to figure things out for myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2012, 05:06 PM)JJJ Wrote: I just printed 40 of them and delivered them to my DME.

Cool. 40 brownie points for you JJJ. Grin

Well-done

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 06:22 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Bump2

Nice bump Zonk!

Doh! I meant SS! Too-funny

SS, you might want to edit the top post' file sizes, it may scare some people away since it says the file size is over half a Gigabyte (535 MB)... it's actually 535 KB, 1000 times smaller and the B&W version is really only 225 KB.

Just sayin' Grin

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-18-2012, 07:16 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: SS, you might want to edit the top post' file sizes, it may scare some people away since it says the file size is over half a Gigabyte (535 MB)... it's actually 535 KB, 1000 times smaller and the B&W version is really only 225 KB.

Good catch! Oops! Whistle

Fixed now...

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 07:21 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 07:16 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: SS, you might want to edit the top post' file sizes, it may scare some people away since it says the file size is over half a Gigabyte (535 MB)... it's actually 535 KB, 1000 times smaller and the B&W version is really only 225 KB.

Good catch! Oops! Whistle

Fixed now...

Thanks

Now these flyer's will be "flying-off" the virtual shelves! Dielaughing

BTW, It does look great!

Post Reply Post Reply
I have gotten a copy of each flyer and they read great with my screen reader. Thank you SuperSleeper.
I do have a question, what is bump2? It reads back to me as an image but the words within that image is bump2, but I just wonder what it meant? Is it something like "GREAT JOB"? I saw a couple of those within this thread and I was just curious, not tryin' to be a pain in the A** and I hope this makes since, as describing these types of things can be difficult for me.
Thanks.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Trish,

The bump your screen reader is literally reading is really the tag name for a small smiley face holding a sign that says bump.

Smiley faces are a little graphic picture used to imply laughter but each one has a different name and meaning like grinning or scratching-head to depict the writers mood in a posting.

The bump you heard is from someone adding the aforementioned smiley face to an older post that was further down the list of messages and he wanted to bump it back to the top of the messages so more users will see it if they're only reading the newest messages on the first page of the Main Apnea Board Forum.

In this case SuperSleeper wanted the message to appear as one of the top messages since they're sorted by newest messages first.

People bump messages in forums all the time, especially if they posted a question and nobody replied in a timely fashion.

Does this actually make any sense now?

Any user can be reading a message that might be 4 years old and if they post a reply to it then that also bumps the message back to the top of the list of forum messages just like one that was written only a minute ago.

Sorry if this is rambling but I tried to envision it in my mind as to how it would sound to you since you can't see actually see what these graphics look like.

The majority of the smiley characters will be seen by your screen reader as : some kind of emotion graphics's name followed by another :

Most of them get inserted at the very end of a message, or, occasionally at the beginning but they can literally be inserted anywhere in a message.

Does this help you understand them now?

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  750p PCA board swap - issues with writing my prescription mraroid 4 83 1 hour ago
Last Post: mraroid
  [Equipment] Looking at S8 circuit board Sumwhatinterested 15 3,968 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  New to the board and CPAP Quirkysleeper 14 416 06-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Thumbsup [Admin Note] OpalRose is now an Apnea Board Moderator SuperSleeper 26 1,131 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: stanleydean
  Newbie to the Board ... New Machine (I hope) ... dosco 16 890 03-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: dosco
  New to Board not to Sleep Apnea Dr Bobs Patient 6 577 03-25-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DrmWEaver
  New to the board and using a cpap need suggestions bigpapa7272 23 1,094 02-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Melman