Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] S9 VPAP Auto
RE: S9 VPAP Auto
My PR BiPAP Auto Humidifier kept going out then machine started to malfunction . I was advised by the technician to switch to the S9 VPAP Auto, my not understanding the difference in machines I did so, I only realized how much the technician did not know any thing about the S9 VPAP Auto during the consultation yesterday, frustrated I left trusting he had properly set my S9 VPAP Auto settings.

I tried to use the machine for first time last night, the air was blowing so hard it was impossible for me to fall asleep.

Desperate I started to research this morning stumbling onto the Abnea Board, I took a chance and posted a help blog, best thing I could have done. .

You are correct I was hoping to get the setting for S9 VPAP Auto as close as possible to the PR BiPap I had been using. I now understand how different the machines are my goal now is to just be comfortable and be using the machine properly so that I am correcting my OAs. I will take your recommendation and set my PS to 4 tonight leave the MAX IPAP =16 and MIN EPAP = 4 and start from this point. I think this will give me the comfort I need to fall asleep and still have my IPAP and EPAP set properly so it still is correcting my OAs.

Again thank you for your time and suggestions I feel a lot more at ease, it feels so good to know that others are in the same boat but working together to help each other. All I was thinking prior to this board was I have to go back and trust the technician “kid” who knows nothing in the first place, if he did he would had not let me walk out that office with those settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.