Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] NEW! UNLIMITED FILE ATTACHMENT SPACE for all Apnea Board members
Cool 
~ Announcing UNLIMITED FILE ATTACHMENT SPACE for all Apnea Board members ~

In an effort to be less reliant upon other websites like Imgur and other third-party image-hosting services, Apnea Board is pleased to announce that all forum members now essentially have UNLIMITED attachment space in order to upload and attach sleep apnea or CPAP-related images and files to forum posts.

We now ask our members to use the "attachment" feature instead of utilizing off-site image-hosting services when posting SleepyHead or other CPAP software screenshots.  This preference will not be enforced, and members will still be able to utilize off-site image-hosting services if they wish, but we are expressing our preference that you utilize the attachment feature instead.

Questions & Answers:

Q:  Is this upgrade necessary, and why should we use it?
A:  Off-site image-hosting services have a history of coming and going.  Several years ago, our forum members relied heavily upon Photobucket (a free image-hosting company similar to Imgur).  Many forum posts included numerous embedded images that were stored on Photobucket's website.  Then one day, Photobucket decided to eliminate off-site image-hosting, unless individuals paid them a $399 yearly subscription fee.  As a result, many of the images in our forum posts were suddenly and unexpectedly no longer available.  By using Apnea Board's new file attachment feature, we hope to eliminate this risk by becoming less reliant upon third parties.

Q:  Why is this upgrade being made?
A:  This is our attempt to made it easy for you to attach files and images for use on the forum. Many members use this feature to post images of their SleepyHead charts (see SleepyHead Chart Organization), or to post the results of a clinical diagnostic or titration Sleep Study.  By hosting your images or files on Apnea Board, we hope that posts and threads will be easier to create and manage. The images and files are important components to the integrity of a post or thread.  This simplifies image posting, ensures images and files will not be subject to changing policies of third party sites, and keeps them available for viewing and editing by the member / author. It is our goal to make attaching images easy, and provide enough space that the images used in posts will not need to be deleted, causing loss of thread integrity.

Q:  How do I organize and prepare my SleepyHead charts for upload?
A:  Please see this Wiki article written by Sleeprider:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Q:  How do I upload an attachment image or file to my post?
A:  Please see this Wiki article written by Sleeprider:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Q:  Are there any limits at all?
A:  While total attachment space is unlimited for forum members, individual image files are limited to 700 KB, while other file types are limited to 1024 KB (1 MB). SleepyHead screenshot images (.png) are about 150 KB each.  We're hoping this generous file-size limit will not pose any problems for the vast majority of our members.

NOTES:

For those kind members who have links in your forum signature to the old tnet pages (for organizing SleepyHead charts or for using Imgur), we recommend you replace those off-site links to our new Wiki articles, as follows:

Organizing SleepyHead Charts:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

For directions on how to enter your User Control Panel and update your forum signature, go here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ur-Profile

Please note that the attachment feature is to be used primarily for sleep apnea or CPAP-related images & files.  The attachment feature should not be used for personal off-topic images or files not related to sleep apnea.  Attachments unrelated to sleep apnea will be subject to deletion.

If anyone has any questions at all, or we can clarify any of this, please reply in this thread and I hope to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks so much folks!   Coffee

Acknowledgements:
  • Many thanks to our forum Advisory Members and Staff Members who have helped to make this upgrade possible.
  • Thanks to Apnea Board Monitor Sleeprider for his editing of the new Wiki articles that help facilitate this upgrade.
  • Thanks to all members who, after receiving help themselves, have chosen to remain to help others also.
  • Thanks to all who donate to the forum to make this place possible.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I think this was a big step forward to preserve forum content and make life a little easier for members.  Thanks to SuperSleeper for making this valuable resource even easier to use.  This forum has always operated based on the generous donations of member and in large part out of the passion for this project by SuperSleeper.  Any members that have benefited but no acquainted themselves with the DONATE button should know their financial participation is appreciated, no matter the size.  

Nothing says "Thank You" like coffee money    Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an awesome forum upgrade! Thank you!
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like this will be a great addition to everyone using the AB site. Thanks to all who made this happen.
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, cool. I've chafed under having to remove images from older posts to add images to newer posts, I just worry about a few image junkies constipating the system, but I suppose they can be dealt with.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:I  just worry about a few image junkies constipating the system, but I suppose they can be dealt with.

I check our attachment storage on a regular basis, and if someone is abusing the system with tons of files, I will be alerted.  Plus it would become obvious to the general membership, since the files are attached to forum posts and are viewable by all.

But I wouldn’t remove a member's file storage ability unless it was obviously being abused with a massive amount of unnecessary attachments or those not related to sleep apnea.  But I don't anticipate that being a major problem at all.

At some point soon, we are going to have to upgrade the server, and the most important will be larger drives for increased storage, plus more bandwidth.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have added some sections to the Sleepyhead Chart Organization http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

The new material deals with zooming in and out to show detail, How to add a Zero-line to the respiratory Flow Rate graph

How to use an iPhone to save your image attachments in your photos so you can use them to show your doctor or share with others.

If anyone knows how to similarly save these images using an Android or other operating system, please let me know the steps below, and we can add them to the Wiki.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is great news. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice addition.   like
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
This will be so helpful for us all and especially to new members.

Thank you.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Question about the board [file attachment space] johnathonm 5 236 07-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Last Post: johnathonm
  Many thanks to the board for helping me. Lord Maximus 3 275 06-22-2018, 05:44 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Smile [News] ALL New Members Bompa 20 5,154 06-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
Thumbsup Servicing Main PC Board Of Remstar M series CPAP Machine sjkepke 13 3,289 06-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: charlotte704
  Airfit f10 attachment jackhartjr 2 270 06-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Admin Note] SECRET FILES - You'll have to join Apnea Board to see them! SuperSleeper 1 11,491 05-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to Apnea Board & Sleepyhead, would you review screenshot please? halokittie 21 1,454 03-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider