Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New ResScan version 5.9 [old version]
RE: New ResScan version 5.9
Not sure if you're aware, but your BiPAP AVAPS machine is from Philips-Respironics, not ResMed.

The ResScan software program works with ResMed machines only, not your 1060P BiPAP AVAPS machine.

Most Respironics owners use either the #SleepyHead, EncoreBasic or EncorePro software packages.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

It sounds like your Visual C++ Redistribution library has been updated and the program is looking for an earlier version.  Open the Event Viewer. Look under Custom Views->Administrative Events for an Error for that program.  In the Details section it should provide more information.

Here are the links to the VC++ libraries.  You will need to install both 32 and 64 bit versions if you are running a 64 bit O/S. I would try the 2015 version first.

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
32 Bit:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
64 Bit:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
32 Bit:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/...st.x86.exe
64 Bit:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/...st.x64.exe

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
If you're still interested in ResScan, I found this option that worked for one member who had the same error message:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid183626

cbramsey Wrote:Actually, I was able to beat the program into submission. What I did for Version 5.5 of the program was to right-click the desktop icon that is installed with the program and choose the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option. Windows gave me the option of "Windows 8" compatibility. This appears to work.

EDIT:  Oops, didn't see Crimson Nape's suggestion above.  If the simpler option of the "troubleshooting compatibility" choice doesn't solve your issue, then try Crimson Nape's solution above.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Thank You very much.
(12-14-2017, 02:32 PM)laneleonard Wrote: I installed this version today and all seems to go well until I try to open the application.  I then get the message"pure virtual function called" and reply OK and it stops the applications from opening.  Help!  I am a new member and a 6 month bipap user.

Did you remove the previous installation with a clean uninstall?

Did you check your system for corruption with "SFC /scannow"  entered without quotes in a command prompt with administrator privileges? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...ted-system

The most likely cause of this error is a corrupted program component (.dll).

Best of luck sorting the problem.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
I have dropped ResScan and am now trying to get started with Encore Basic.  Thanks to all!
Tried all of the above, and still get the pure virtual error. Windows 10 Pro, 64bit.
Speaking from the perspective of Windows 7 -64 bit; ResScan v-5.8 has been working well for me.  Went to the trouble to download v-5.9 but read over this thread before taking the plunge.  The cliche' "If it ain't broke don't fix it" pops to mind.

Just finished the second or third episode of wrestling with my computer when it cross-threaded with the SleepyHead program.  When it happens it refuses to open SH- just thinks about it and won't open it.  Using crimson nape's post above about refreshing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and using the windows 'troubleshooting' repair it seems the SleepyHead wants to be run in the XP SP-1 environment.  This appears to be the 'fix' for the SH problem.

MS Visual C++ Redistributables
[for any of us who wonders what C++ Redistributals are]

As for the ResScan v-5.9 it is going into the poop-chute.

Thanks Crimson Nape
Smile 
Wow!  Thank you!  The download of Rescan 5.9 ran smoothly on my 70mps high speed internet connection. Installation took only a couple of minutes.  I heeded your caution to NOT check any of the drivers.  SD card read smoothly and reports came up quickly.  I did UNINSTALL my older Rescan 5.1 software first, and didn't lose any of the data from the earlier version.  Thank you for your great service! PS: I'm on Windows 7.
Just installed Resscan 5.9 in Windows 10 Pro, build 1803 and its works.  No errors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.