Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan version 6.0 [old version]
Angry 
RE: New ResScan version 6.0
ResScan 5.9 is no longer available for download.  If you change the link URL from 6.0 to 5.9 you get ERROR 404:  PAGE NOT FOUND.

ResScan 6.0 was upgraded to run on a Local Area Network with multiple user access.  Anyone with network access can login to the network with any computer on the LAN and then launch ResScan using the same user name and password for the LAN.  For a stand alone PC, this complicates things a bit.

I figured out how to login to ResScan 6.0 on my windows 10 computer.

1.  Go to Settings/Accounts and it will display whether you are using a local account or Microsoft Account.

2.  If you are using a Microsoft Account, it will display your user name as your email.   I use a passcode to sign into my computer.  ResScan 6.0 will not accept your email address for user name and passcode for password.  (I use Microsoft Account so my Office 365 apps can sync across multiple devices (smartphone, tablet, other PC).  I had to switch to LOCAL ACCOUNT to be able to login to ResScan 6.0.  By switching to local account, it disconnected me from Microsoft Account.

3.  Go to Settings/Accounts/Sign in Options and add a password if you don't have one.  If you have multiple user accounts, you only need to add password to the account you want to run ResScan.  When you create your password, be sure you put in a HINT so you can recover it if you forget it.  There is no way to recover Windows 10 password so be sure your HINT is one that will help you remember.  The only option you have if you cannot recover the password is do a fresh install of Windows 10.  Bag-head Shock-2   You can also add a passcode so in the future, you only need to remember a 4-digit code to login to your computer.

4.  Now you can launch ResScan 6.0 and use your local account user name and the password you created or previously created when you installed Windows 10.  (don't use the passcode)

When I am done using ResScanI have to switch back to Microsoft Account to continue syncing my Office 365 apps with other devices.  This is real pain in the a**.  So every time I want to use ResScan, I have to switch to local account (logs me out of Microsoft Account).  Then switch back to Microsoft Account when I am done with ResScan.

I will be using SleepyHead, but when I want graphs and data I want to show my doctor, I need to create them in ResScan so doctor will know it is valid data.

I did notice that SleepyHead and ResScan data are not exactly the same.  But close enough to monitor your sleep without having to jump hoops to use ResScan.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
I installed 6.0. Then I got the message: You cannot login at this time. Contact the Administrator. 

Now I changed in the E-Mail 6.0 to 5.9. When I open the packed information ResMed changed automativ from 5.9 to 6.0.

It is possible I use Chrome?
(09-30-2018, 03:22 PM)zzzlessinMS Wrote: ResScan 5.9 is no longer available for download.  If you change the link URL from 6.0 to 5.9 you get ERROR 404:  PAGE NOT FOUND.

ResScan 6.0 was upgraded to run on a Local Area Network with multiple user access.  Anyone with network access can login to the network with any computer on the LAN and then launch ResScan using the same user name and password for the LAN.  For a stand alone PC, this complicates things a bit.

I figured out how to login to ResScan 6.0 on my windows 10 computer.

1.  Go to Settings/Accounts and it will display whether you are using a local account or Microsoft Account.

2.  If you are using a Microsoft Account, it will display your user name as your email.   I use a passcode to sign into my computer.  ResScan 6.0 will not accept your email address for user name and passcode for password.  (I use Microsoft Account so my Office 365 apps can sync across multiple devices (smartphone, tablet, other PC).  I had to switch to LOCAL ACCOUNT to be able to login to ResScan 6.0.  By switching to local account, it disconnected me from Microsoft Account.

3.  Go to Settings/Accounts/Sign in Options and add a password if you don't have one.  If you have multiple user accounts, you only need to add password to the account you want to run ResScan.  When you create your password, be sure you put in a HINT so you can recover it if you forget it.  There is no way to recover Windows 10 password so be sure your HINT is one that will help you remember.  The only option you have if you cannot recover the password is do a fresh install of Windows 10.  Bag-head Shock-2   You can also add a passcode so in the future, you only need to remember a 4-digit code to login to your computer.

4.  Now you can launch ResScan 6.0 and use your local account user name and the password you created or previously created when you installed Windows 10.  (don't use the passcode)

When I am done using ResScanI have to switch back to Microsoft Account to continue syncing my Office 365 apps with other devices.  This is real pain in the a**.  So every time I want to use ResScan, I have to switch to local account (logs me out of Microsoft Account).  Then switch back to Microsoft Account when I am done with ResScan.

I will be using SleepyHead, but when I want graphs and data I want to show my doctor, I need to create them in ResScan so doctor will know it is valid data.

I did notice that SleepyHead and ResScan data are not exactly the same.  But close enough to monitor your sleep without having to jump hoops to use ResScan.

Im thinking that that is a whole lot more trouble than its worth.....  Thanks for the workaround, though!  I appreciate the time you took to inform us.  Smile
We've now included a link to download the older ResScan version 5.9 in the auto-responder email (click here for instructions on how to receive that email).

(forum login required to access that link-- if need be, please register for a free forum account HERE)

I would strongly recommend that folks try to use the newer ResScan 6.0, but if you're having problems with the login requirement, you may wish to download 5.9.

Hope this helps!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Thanks
I tested this 5.9. 
When I opened I got the message: "Pure virtual function called". And the program was closed in a moment.
(10-02-2018, 08:24 AM)kimon Wrote: I tested this 5.9. 
When I opened I got the message: "Pure virtual function called". And the program was closed in a moment.

This isn't a problem with ResScan 5.9 per se, it's a problem with the software on your PC.

See here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid236525

Please read that post and the post following it for solutions.

Also, if you didn't follow the directions during the installation (and mistakenly installed the drivers), you have ruined your install for good, which is why that warning was put into the instructions.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I don't install the drivers. I suppose there is a mistake in my PC. I look for it.
Thank you for your help.
(07-29-2018, 07:28 AM)OneCheekyDevil Wrote: This login is proving to be a real pain in the [CENSORED].

Being someone that lives on the wild side, i never create password when re-installing winblows on my machine (thus bypassing the login altogether).
ResScan wont let me log in without entering the password  Oh-jeez

Yes your a not alone in the wild side ,  is there is a way to avoid this (censured) way of doing
The ResScan download email now includes a link to download version 5.9, which does not have a password requirement.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 206 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.