Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version]
RE: ResScan 7.0 now available!
ResScan 7 *does* support the AS11 -- though I've had trouble getting it to display detailed flow data (the summary data is fine, and the compliance reports work okay).

That error message ("connect a flow generator or data card and try again") normally means ResScan doesn't see the SD card.  Is the SD card mounted on your computer, and can you browse files there?  What does the directory structure on your AS 11 card look like?  It should look like this:

DATALOG
 SETTINGS
 Identification.crc
 Identification.json
 STR.edf

Note that ResScan insists on having the physical SD card available -- it won't use a local copy of the SD card, it wants the actual SD card.
Yes I can browse the files listed. I use OSCAR and it works great. I would just like to compare readings if I can get it to work. Thanks
I've only seen that error when the SD card wasn't physically detected by ResScan.

Are you using the same SD adapter for the AS11 card as you're using for the AS10 card?  

Another possibility -- what size is the SD card?  Unlike the AS10, the AS11 can format and write cards larger than 32gb (and they work fine with OSCAR, too) -- but not sure what ResScan will do with a large card.  As I said, ResScan is looking for the physical SD card (not a local copy or other type of drive) so it may not handle larger cards correctly.

Those are my only guesses...  I mainly use Oscar, but did test ResScan 7 with my AS11.  Had no trouble loading data from the SD Card as long as it was physically in the PC before starting ResScan.
Thanks for your information. The SD card is 4 gig and is the one that came with the unit. I am using a usb adapter for the card and also used the built in card reader ON MY COMPUTER. Thanks for your help. I will continue with OSCAR. Maybe my provider gave me the wrong card.
As long as it is <32gb and you are using the same SD adapter as with the AS10, then ResScan *should* see the AS11 card.  

I don't know precisely what ResScan is doing to "identify" an SD card, so something else may be tripping it up.  I did test with putting the SD data on various other devices (i.e., local hard drive, external usb drive, usb flash drive, etc) and ResScan would *ONLY* recognize and read data from an actual SD card.  With the SD card in my computer (via a USB adapter, just as you're doing), ResScan was always happy to read my AS11 data so I don't know what else to suggest.   Dont-know
Thanks, Scott, for correcting me. I was confusing this with the Philips' the DS2 and Encore. The AS11 will accept SD cards larger than 32Gb. I don't know the size limit, though.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-18-2022, 06:25 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I was confusing this with the Philips' the DS2 and Encore.    
The AS11 will accept SD cards larger than 32Gb.  I don't know the size limit, though.

Understood -- To add confusion, there is also Resmed's AirView (which will likely never be accessible by us patient types).

Regarding SD card size -- Yes, I did testing with the AS11 and cards up to at least 256gb (I think 512gb too, but don't recall for sure) and it worked fine, formatting them correctly and writing correctly.  

What I was trying to say above was that *ResScan 7* may not be able to read/detect the larger cards, as I don't know exactly what it's doing to "identify" an SD card and never tested it with the larger cards.  If ResScan's "identification" process includes (for example) size and/or format type, then ResScan might still not detect/read >32gb cards -- even though the AS11 can use them.
Isn't the firmware or OS responsible for reading the address space of the card and not the software app?

EDIT: I apologize! I see I'm causing thread drift.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-18-2022, 06:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Isn't the firmware or OS responsible for reading the address space of the card and not the software app?

Yes, BUT...  ResScan is looking specifically for an SD card.   Presumably it goes through the OS to actually open/read the files, but it never gets that far -- because unless it sees what it thinks (per whatever rules/mechanism it uses) is a physical SD card inserted, it just throws up an error message.  

Exactly what ResScan is doing to "detect" that a physical SD card is present is anyone's guess.  It may be looking at the device tree, or assuming certain sizes/formats are SD cards, or who knows what.  But it won't even attempt to read anything other than what it perceives is a physical SD card inserted.   Since I haven't tested ResScan with larger cards, and since I don't know what it's doing to detect them, I cannot currently verify that it will support all sizes/formats of SD cards that the AS11 can.
Just a follow-up.... I tested ResScan 7 with a 256gb ExFat card (as formatted by the AS11) -- and ResScan detected and read AS11 sessions from the card.

Therefore, whatever "detection" logic ResScan is using to determine if a physical SD card is present, that logic is compatible with cards >32gb. But I have been unable to get ResScan to recognize any other type of device -- local hard drive, usb hard drive, usb flash drive, etc. -- it insists on having a physical SD card present or throws up the "Connect a flow generator or data card and try again" error dialog.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 332 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 233 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 223 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,489 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 226 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 452 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 583 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.