Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version]
Thumbsup 
ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version]
Quote:THREAD CLOSED - THIS IS AN OLDER VERSION OF ResScan.  For the newest version, go to this link:
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...hines-only

Thanks to a thoughtful Advisory Member, we now have a copy of ResScan 7.0 (the current version).  Please note this version will only work on Windows and will only work for ResMed  brand CPAP machines.

The new version is ResScan 7.0

Please see this thread for information on how to obtain the new version:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

(login required, if need be, please register for a free forum account HERE)

Since ResMed does not release a changlog listing what specific changes or updates have been done in this new version, we have no idea how this new version differs from previous versions, however, we have confirmed  that this new version supports the newer AirSense 11 series machines.

If anyone has issues or comments about this new version, please reply in this thread.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan 7.0 now available!
If someone with an AirSense 11 machine could download this version 7.0 and let us know if it works okay with your machine, that would be useful information.

I think it's supposed to work with AirSense 11's, but we haven't yet confirmed this.

Please reply in this thread if it works for you as an AirSense 11 user.

Thanks

EDIT:  7.0 does support AirSense 11 machines.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Also, if someone installs ResScan 7.0, could you please check for the ResScan User Manual...

12-8-2021 EDIT:  We now have a copy of the User Manual.  See here.

I think it should be in this directory:
c:\program files\resmed\ResScan7\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf

I'm running Linux, not Windows, so I can't check this.  But I would like someone to send me a copy of the User Manual for version 7, assuming it's different than the one for version 6.1, so we can host it for download.

If you find it, please email it to me at apneaboard@gmail.com

Thanks.   Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I downloaded and installed 7.0....

And I can confirm it DOES work with Airsense 11 Autoset. Imported all sessions (had to change ResScan's default settings in order to get both summary AND detailed data imported).

I browsed the summary and detailed data, and machine settings data, and all looks okay. Though I have not yet done a detailed comparison to Oscar reporting, so will try to get to that later.

Clinician's manual has been emailed as requested.

FYI - It's a 32bit install, not sure if a 64bit exists elsewhere or if this 32bit version is all that's available. As such, the path is as you expected -- but under "program files (x86)".
Thanks for the info, Scott!  Awesome that it works with AirSense 11.

I've updated the download post with the new Clinician Manual also:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

I'll try and email the Advisory Member that provided the zip and see if there's a 64-bit version as well.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

One quick question; Have you found where the new version stores its data folder?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

I compared a couple days' worth of my Airsense 11 data (12/6 and 12/7), as reported by ResScan7 vs Oscar1.3.0.

Usage times match -- within 1 minute.  Rescan sometimes reports 1 minute longer session.

Leak rates (Median, 95%) appear to match.  Oscar reports "99.5 percentile" whereas ResScan reports "Max", so no direct comparison there.  

Event types, quantities, and durations were identical on the two days I compared.

The AHI scores appear to match.  ResMed appears to truncate (not round) to the tenth, whereas Oscar reports to the hundredth.

The one area where there is significant mis-match....  Pressures.  Both report Median and 95th percentile.  Oscar reports 99.5 percentile whereas ResScan reports "Max".  But there is a significant difference in the Median and 95% values reported.

On my 12/6 data:
 Oscar reports Med=10.14, 95%=11.78, 99.5%=12.36.
 ResScan reports Med=9.3, 95th=11.0, Max=11.7.

On my 12/7 data:
 Oscar reports Med=10.58, 95%=13.10, 99.5%=16.58.
 ResScan reports Med=9.8, 95th 12.3, Max=16.

Those are some pretty significant differences -- though I have no way to determine which is a more accurate calculation.
(12-08-2021, 05:11 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: One quick question; Have you found where the new version stores its data folder?
I'm guessing the locations I found are the same as for previous versions of ResScan, but it's been years since I used it so here they are...

The bulk of the data appears to be below "Public Documents".
Standard location for that is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\<patientName>
  (where <patientName> is the "Lastname, Firstname" as entered into Rescan when creating the patient profile)

The <patientName> folder contains a single file (around 20-30mb) for each DAY, named as "YYYYMMDD.rlk".  That appears to be the result of reading all the sessions from the SD, then combining session data into a "daily database" file.  (Days with multiple sessions only have a single YYYYMMDD.rlk file.)

The folder also contains files named "Notes.db", "PatientDetails.db", and "Summary.dat".

ResScan7 installation created a folder below "C:\ProgramData\Resmed\ResScan", but this has only (1) file, "patients.db", and looking at the content this appears to be "sample" data only.

There is also a "ResScan" folder created under the user's "My Documents" -- but so far it is empty.  Perhaps it stores reports or something here when certain functions are used -- but still empty on my machine.

Lots of registry entries at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ResMed\ASR.  Oddly, the data location is not one of them, so maybe that's hard-coded to use the "Public Documents" namespace. CORRECTION: SEE BELOW.

No registry entries directly under HKLM\SOFTWARE, but (due to 32bit architecture) they are at HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ResMed\ASR.   Below that there is a "DataManager" key, and that contains a "PatientsFolder" REG_SZ with the physical path "C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients".
(12-08-2021, 04:50 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'll try and email the Advisory Member that provided the zip and see if there's a 64-bit version as well.

Update:  Apparently there is only the 32-bit version of ResScan 7.0 available.

The Advisory Member reported that it worked fine on his 64-bit computer.  This is consistent with the 7.0 release notes [here].
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(12-09-2021, 04:45 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Update:  Apparently there is only the 32-bit version of ResScan 7.0 available.

The Advisory Member reported that it worked fine on his 64-bit computer.  This is consistent with the 7.0 release notes [here].
Yes, the x86 version (32bit) works correctly on Windows x64 here as well.  There is some extra overhead from the Windows 32-bit subsystem but running 32bit apps on 64bit Windows is common.

Just a bit surprising that Resmed hasn't created a native x64 version.  They certainly must have the resources.  The x86 ResScan is pretty "clunky" -- for example, resizing the window, moving graphs around, or loading a different day's detail data is slow even on a fast machine.  It is likely Resmed could improve performance quite a bit in a native x64 version.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 336 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 235 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 226 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,490 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 228 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 455 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 590 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.