Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Admin Note] ResScan - [version 5.7]
Arrow 
Current ResScan Version: 5.7

As of November 23, 2016, ResMed has released a brand new version of the ResScan PC software for ResMed CPAP machines.

The current ResScan version is 5.7, and the link to the new version is now being distributed by healthcareworker (please follow the directions in this thread):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

[Note: forum login required to access the above link - click here to register for a free forum account]

~ Windows 10 issues ~

ADDED INFO [Dec 1, 2016]: If you're having trouble using ResScan with Windows 10, please read cbramsey's problem and solution below:

Problem:
(12-01-2016, 11:42 AM)cbramsey Wrote: I downloaded Version 5.7 of the ResScan software. I uninstalled the previous version of software and installed the new version. I am still getting the "Pure Virtual Function Called' pop up error. When you click OK, the software appears to quit.

Solution:
(12-01-2016, 12:21 PM)cbramsey Wrote: Actually, I was able to beat the program into submission. What I did for Version 5.5 of the program was to right-click the desktop icon that is installed with the program and choose the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option. Windows gave me the option of "Windows 8" compatibility. This appears to work.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
What are the changes/update to the new version? Is it more user friendly?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 03:06 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: What are the changes/update to the new version? Is it more user friendly?

According to your profile, you are using a Respironics Cpap, which is not compatable with ResScan software. ResScan software only works with ResMed cpaps.

For the DreamStation, you can use Encore Pro or SleepyHead.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(06-08-2016, 03:06 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: What are the changes/update to the new version? Is it more user friendly?

I haven't updated mine yet - so maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

ResMed usually doesn't give a list of changes/updates when they put out a new release of ResScan, with the exception of a list of newly-supported machines and PC operating systems.

Some info on supported Operating Systems:

Quote:ResScan can be installed on Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 and 64 bit, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Professional, Windows 8.1 Home Premium, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Home.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2016, 06:09 AM)OpalRose Wrote: According to your profile, you are using a Respironics Cpap, which is not compatable with ResScan software. ResScan software only works with ResMed cpaps.

For the DreamStation, you can use Encore Pro or SleepyHead.
Lol. I haven't update my profile yet. My bad. Sleep-well
(06-08-2016, 12:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I haven't updated mine yet - so maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

ResMed usually doesn't give a list of changes/updates when they put out a new release of ResScan, with the exception of a list of newly-supported machines and PC operating systems.
Unless the GUI interface has changed (for the better) and it's some new features that I can use, I doubt I will update as I don't usually update apps just for the sake of updating unless I know what the changes are.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is ResScan 5.6 compatible with Windows 10?
Post Reply Post Reply

From the quote in post #4:

ResScan can be installed on .... Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Home.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont work on Windows 10 Professional x64 Sad I dont know what to do...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2016, 03:25 PM)joanna Wrote: Dont work on Windows 10 Professional x64 Sad I dont know what to do...

I'll let someone else answer the Windows 10 issue, but you can try the SleepyHead software.
http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply

Could I run this on a Mac in a Windows 10 emulator? Has anyone tried this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepyhead software version BillMar 12 425 11 hours ago
Last Post: BillMar
  ResScan Installed-Now where to start? Gplrdengr 5 304 06-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Change font of ResScan ilansh7 4 281 06-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changing Sleepyhead & ResScan to a new Laptop pjfollyfarm 5 279 06-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  ResScan load error Paul862 17 1,135 05-31-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: z counter
Question Oxymeter with ResScan pat767 4 394 05-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: z counter
  [Admin Note] New ResScan version 5.8 SuperSleeper 1 1,149 05-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper