Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

THREAD SUBSCRIPTIONS - need to re-set notification settings
Information 
THREAD SUBSCRIPTIONS - need to re-set notification settings
NOTICE:  ALL PREVIOUS THREAD SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED [You'll need to re-set your subscription notifications, see below...]

Due to a technical issue with our forum email & Private Message (PM) notifications, if you have subscribed to a particular forum thread (this means you've been getting an email notification or a private message (PM) when a new post in that thread occurs), then you will have to re-set that particular thread subscription to read either "Instant Email notification" or "Instant PM notification" to begin receiving the notifications again.

If you have no clue what this means, you can disregard this message - it's only for those who rely upon a forum email or PM to let them know a thread they're interested in has a new post in it.

To re-set your subscription notification settings on any particular thread subscription, please follow the directions in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid214091

If anyone has questions, please ask.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: THREAD SUBSCRIPTIONS - need to re-subscribe
Also check your User Control Panel / Edit Options / Default Thread Subscription Mode:

... and reselect your preference. Mine had been changed to "No notification," whereas I had originally set "Instant email notification." I had to reset it to that now.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is in the How-To post referenced above.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 08:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: That is in the How-To post referenced above.

Yes, that's a helpful and clear How-To.

My point is that folks should verify if their previously selected default preference there has been modified by whatever the forum glitch was. I had to reset mine to my originally selected preference of Instant Email Notification.

[Image: nf-subscribe04.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I think that's what SuperSleeper did, or am I missing something here???
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure that what I did was effectively turn off all "instant notifications" via email or PMs.  I'm not sure if what I did effected your "default" setting for all future subscriptions - you'll have to check that.

Your thread subscriptions are still there, but the notifications should now read "no notification".

So to change it back, you'll have to manually change it to either "instant email notification" or "instant PM notification".

Hope that makes sense.

Thinking-about

EDIT:  I changed my original post (above) to be more descriptive of what has been changed.  (it's the notification settings that were removed, not the subscriptions themselves).
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: THREAD SUBSCRIPTIONS - need to re-set notification settings
Gotcha, makes sense.  Thanks

(09-27-2017, 09:41 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'm pretty sure that what I did was effectively turn off all "instant notifications" via email or PMs.  I'm not sure if what I did effected your "default" setting for all future subscriptions - you'll have to check that.

That's what I was trying to say. It did change my "default" setting. Had to change it back. Folks should check theirs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks Sheepish... yep, members who would like to get notified on all their subscriptions will need to change their default notification settings.  Instructions are in that link in my first post.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
To view your subscriptions and to change their delivery in bulk, follow these instructions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid224994
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done, Paula.  Excellent info.   Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,577 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.