Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One REMstar Auto Power Supply Help.
RE: PR System One REMstar Auto Power Supply Help.
I think all Respironics machines use the same plug and polarity, at least from the REMstar legacy models ca. 2004.

The ResMed S8 machines use the same plug, but the opposite polarity, so be really careful if you have both types or get "unofficial" DC cables.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 07:56 PM)archangle Wrote: I think all Respironics machines use the same plug and polarity, at least from the REMstar legacy models ca. 2004.

The ResMed S8 machines use the same plug, but the opposite polarity, so be really careful if you have both types or get "unofficial" DC cables.

I did find out for sure that the M Series and PR System One REMstar power adapters are not interchangeable, not sure why yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 08:44 PM)The Happy Dreamer Wrote: I did find out for sure that the M Series and PR System One REMstar power adapters are not interchangeable, not sure why yet.
I think it's because some of the PRS1 machines, under some conditions such as higher pressure or humidity settings, draw more current. And maybe the older M Series power supplies are rated at a lower current?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The electrical cable between the brick and the xPAP will always have at least 2 wires, The wires that look like they have two side by side have separate wires. This type is generally more electrically noisy (radio frequency type noise) and I find better in a fixed location than for a portable device (floor lamp for example). The cables that look like a single wire have the power wire in the middle and the ground wire (normally) surrounding it with a cover over top. Due to its increased size it is less likely to be bent flat and it generally has a longer life it is used in a portable device that will be bent and wrapped to go back in the travel bag. The colour of the center ring can mean many different things based on the manufacturer, but is most often to differentiate the different sizes of connector. The polarity indication is normally noted on the brick allong with the voltage and current ratings of the input and output. I was looking at one of the manufactures sites and they appeared to originally have two different power supplies for their units, one for the xPAP only and a different one for xPAP and humidifier. They appear to have stopped supplying the xPAP only power supply as they fail when the owner upgrades to the humidifier and assumed the power supply would still work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,907 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 217 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,259 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.