Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015]
Idea 
Updates to SleepyHead [May 2015]
Quote:
Admin Notice:
SleepyHead is no longer maintained and has been replaced by the OSCAR software program.

For the newer OSCAR software, please go here:

The SleepyHead Beta Testing Team has now completed some minor updates on the Interim SleepyHead Download Page, here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH2/

From the changelog page:

Quote:5-21-2015 Version change to Testing-0.9.8.1-T3:
This non-critical repackaging includes updated language translation files. Not necessary to update unless you want the latest and greatest non-English versions of SleepyHead.

Here's what was done:

1. All the non-English translations files for both Windows and Mac versions have been updated.  These new translations files have now been integrated into the new program files and have the new "T3" ending.  The "T3" in the version numbering stands for "Translation update 3".  For those who simply want to upgrade your translations files only, you can find them here.

2.  The Windows zip files have been re-worked to eliminate an extra redundant (and unnecessary) directory level, and the directory naming was fixed to be more consistent (the naming was different between 32 and 64 bit versions).

3.  Two new alternative self-extracting ".exe" Windows files have been created for Windows users who may have trouble extracting the zip files [due to Microsoft's new "feature" which makes the zip files look like regular folders].   These files have utilized the new "T3" translations files.  The zip files remain on the SleepyHead Interim Download Page as the primary download file type, but these two new .exe files are also available:  (32 bit exe here and 64 bit exe here).  These exe file links are not currently being published on the download page, but can easily be posted on the forums for those who prefer this method.  

In all these files, nothing has changed as far as the actual SH program itself.  It's still the 0.9.8-1-T3-testing version.

The exe file links and other changes are listed on the SH changelog page.

The SleepyHead Interim Download Page has now been updated with the new T3 files.  

As always, if anyone has any suggestions, opinions, sees any problems, or whatever... please post here to let everyone know.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: Updates to SleepyHead
The self-extracting ".exe" files were added to the official download page as an alternative simple installation option for Microsoft Windows users (due to the confusing way in which newer Windows operating systems display compressed zip files).

Download page:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Changelog page:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/changelog.htm
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I did send JediMark a few bucks and would be willing to contribute again if it would help get the Export for Review working.

Doc B my PCP/GP was very impressed when I showed him screen shots from SH and an export to .pdf would make it easy to email my stats to him. I am sending him the EncoreBasic pdfs but Doc saw right away how much better was SH. I am also too busy (or too lazy to learn) to compile for my linux installation and would kick in a few bucks if someone wanted to build a .deb package. Currently running SH in a 7 virtual machine but would rather not.

DW has a windows tablet and haven't tried SH there.
Would be great to take SH live to Doc B.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
(06-12-2015, 03:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Doc B my PCP/GP was very impressed when I showed him screen shots from SH and an export to .pdf would make it easy to email my stats to him.

Hi Mark,

I have used a free tool called "Cute PDF Writer" for years on windows machines. It behaves like another printer except that when you print to it you get a save dialog that results in a pdf file.

After reading your post I generated a few pdf reports from SleepyHead using Cute PDF Writer on Win 7 with no problem. I don't know what the Export for Review feature might eventually do, but I believe you can already generate any of the current printable reports to PDF pretty quickly and easily using this tool.

Also tried generating a screen shot, then opening that file and printing it from windows picture viewer using cutePDF which created a pdf of a SH screenshot that was captured using the SH screenshot menu option to generate the screenshot file. I guess you could also simply email the .png files that SH creates with its screenshot function and save a step unless you really wanted pdf files.

So those are free and relatively easy ways to capture SH reports and screenshots into pdf files using a free tool I have relied on for years.

Be careful about searching for free PDF tools... I have picked up some nasty cooties in the past downloading various format conversion utilities. But the one I mention above is one I use and trust. In my experience it comes with no bloatware nor cooties if you download it from the developer's own web site. Check cutepdf(dot)com.

good luck.

Saldus Miegas
(06-12-2015, 03:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: DW has a windows tablet and haven't tried SH there.

I was just looking at something recently that might be useful for this.

Acer Switch 10 model sw5-012-13TT (costco model) is a Win 8 netbook/tablet combo currently going for $279.

Also available at a few other outlets (sw05-012-xxxx) but if you are a costco person you know that nobody touches costco's warranty and liberal return policy. Amazon has the price beat by about $20. Walmart has a lower price as well but it's the undesirable 32GB SSD version of the machine (read on for why).

If you do look it up make sure to check out the 64GB SSD version (not the 32GB SSD as it has almost nothing left after Win8 eats up most of the 32GB of SSD space).

Pretty cool form factor and provides full desktop windows capability for real desktop apps like SH (as well as Win 8 toy store for phone/tablet type apps) Nice 10 inch 1280 x 800 display. I played with one for about 30 minutes and I liked it a lot.

Important for SH use, it has a micro SD slot (easy to find micro SD cards sold with an SD form factor adapter; I have some but have never tried plugging one into the CPAP machine). Also has a micro-USB jack for a USB SD card reader, and of course WiFi if you use the WiFi SD cards.

If you are seriously thinking about running SH on a tablet at a reasonable price point, this one is worth a look because it actually runs a Win 8 desktop version and is reported to run any X86 application just fine. Most Win tablets are running Win 8 RT version and those will only run apps you can get from the Windows app store.

cheers.

Saldus Miegas

p.s. don't know if I crossed a line on this post about a non-CPAP commercial product. If so, I apologize.
Good info and I thank you. Doc B can receive a pdf but his IT guy has pretty much banned everything else. As you probably noticed by now I haven't much experience with windows since 98 and every time I must I have to relearn it each time. I'll put SH on a micro sd and see if DW tablet will run it since there is nothing to install. So much to do so little time.
(06-12-2015, 03:51 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I am also too busy (or too lazy to learn) to compile for my linux installation and would kick in a few bucks if someone wanted to build a .deb package. Currently running SH in a 7 virtual machine but would rather not.

DW has a windows tablet and haven't tried SH there.

The linux build process isn't that bad. You might give it a try and see if it works. I have a pretty canned build process here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-on-Linux

SleepyHead also ran pretty well under WINE on Linux for me. It was the first time I used WINE, and I think I just unpacked the file and told WINE to run the .exe file. I forget whether I used the BrokenGL or OpenGL version, but the BrokenGL would be more likely to work.

As for tablets, if it's not one of those horrible Windows RT machines, you have a chance. I'm not 100% sure it won't work on Windows RT either.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Thanks for your compile link!
Will report back as to results of SH on DW's win tablet.
SleepyHead on DW's tablet. I have no clue how to navigate this thing. Far as I can tell it is win8.1 full version 32, 2gig ram, says 64bit processor, . Seems to run as expected. I can't hardly use it with my mechanic fat fingers. must see if there is some sort of pen it will recognize. This broken GL. Says OpenGlL is supported but needs a missing file.
Will be taking to next Doc B appointment.

[img][Image: YaReuws.jpg][/img]
Plug in a mouse?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updates to AirSense 11? CChamp 13 4,574 05-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 156,513 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New ResScan Version 5.4.1 - updated June 19, 2015 [old version] SuperSleeper 3 9,354 07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: spursfan1965
  ResScan 3.16 Release Notes / Updates & Bug Fixes [old version] SuperSleeper 0 5,130 02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.