Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hack
Exclaimation 
Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hack
Coming soon to a version near you.  Congrats JediMark...you're back!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5065]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hadk!
Once my 30 day compliance probation is up, I'm gonna try to capture a machine!
Jesse

There is still some work to do to have Sleepyhead display all the settings correctly.  What we need is for a volunteer with a SV machine, with a lot of patience poking through menus, to experiment with changing setting options one by one and recording short sessions then documenting each change and referencing the session (.001) summary file to go with it.

The file structure of the Auto SV is stored in the Folder P-Series, which has subfolders. Subfolder P1 has .001,./002 and .005 files which are date and time-stamped as shown in the attachment.  What we need to do is to change settings like Mode, EPAP Min, EPAP Max, PMax, PS Min, PS Max, BPM, Ramp, Humidity, etc and document what change was made and the file it applies to. It will take at least two and preferably 3 changes of settings on each setting option with a 2 to 5 minute run time, then documenting the change and naming the file or time-stamp.

Who has time on their hands? As you can see, this will take some time to go through the settings and document what changes to to what sessions, but all the sessions will be recorded as you go, so only one upload is required.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
The attached image here shows the settings available for the PRS1 960 Auto SV.  I don't have the Dreamstation version handy, but this will do.  These are the settings that need to be switched and documented, and the easiest way to do it is to grab your manual, document your existing settings so you can return to those, then systematically start working through the settings one-by-one, and recording brief sessions.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

RE: Woot! Dreamstation 900 AutoSV Sleepyhead Hack. [Help Requested]
The latest Sleepyhead master has been uploaded to GitLab if any of you are capable of building in Git. I have done it before, and it is not the easiest thing to do. This is the first release of Sleepyhead to support the Philips Dreamstation Auto SV Advanced, and the Devilbiss Intellipap2 DV54 machines. https://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Thumbsup 
While it doesn't apply to my ResMed and me, thanks to Sir Sleeprider and JediMark for adding to the Sleepyhead list of compatible devices. Since getting my ASV, I've noticed there's an increasing number of ASV users here on AB.

So again, a big Thanks !

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
All users benefit from a functional Sleepyhead, but the ASV users are special since there is so much going on. Really nice to finally see this support. Philips should be glad to see it, and it would be nice if they would offer to help decode the machine data stream to the SD card. It would save a lot of work that ends up making their machines more desirable and marketable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

I put a red "Admin Note" onto this thread so that it gets more attention.

Once we get enough volunteers for testing the Dreamstation 900 AutoSV updates and the code is finalized, I'll move this thread into the Software Support Forum.

Thanks to all who have helped Mark to update the SleepyHead code.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Well done Sleeprider and JediMark!

Sleepyhead data is invaluable. It will be nice for Philips ASV users to enjoy what we ResMed ASV users do.

Ditto on Sleeprider's remark that it would be in Philip's interest to make this job easier for you guys.

I hope you get some willing volunteers.

Bill
A bit off-topic but a few days ago I got a Dreamstation Auto from Kaiser Permanente. I quickly discovered that even the latest SleepyHead can't parse the data. Mark (JediMark) is aware and I have uploaded the first three days data to him. My impression is that the data from my machine (manufactured January 2018) is different from earlier Dreamstation Auto machines.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,110 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 769 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container FHTC 3 375 11-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,758 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,563 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 539 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  P10 strap hack Cpapian 1 1,073 04-03-2022, 04:29 PM
Last Post: LCpaprookie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.