Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI increases significantly in last 1-2 hrs of sleep
RE: AHI increases significantly in last 1-2 hrs of sleep
hi all - went with fixed pressure at 9 and c flex off, AHI came down to 4.4. feeling much better now also. please see the screenshot/

do you recommend to change the pressure further  (up op down?) or keep going with this setting for a while
Post Reply Post Reply
That said a lot.  See how your CA events went down.  That is what we wanted to see.  Your obstructive events went up a bit.

Your AHI is under 5 which technically says that you are treated.  From here on I would recommend small changes, smaller than what I would normally use.  So only .2 changes and 3 to 7 days for changes to settle in, including this one.  A single day does not make trend.

The ROT is to raise Pressure for Obstructive events and Lower pressure for CA events, a bit of a conflict and a balancing act.

If you were to change pressure now I would try .2 higher.  These are small changes to tweak the result.

And, very important, how do you feel?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I like it! As bonjour said, keep the same or add 0.5 cm. A little bit can go a long way.

Resmed changes pressure in .2 increments, and I'm pretty sure Philips has .5 increments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi guys - thank you for your reply and help, indeed feeling much better.

Yes, I might try 0.5 higher to reduce the obstructive events but will keep an eye out whether this increases the central events. I will keep you updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a bit of trial and error.  Just make small adjustments and see what happens.  If things get worse, go back to where you got the best results.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 225 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 255 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 428 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,420 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 726 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 836 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.