Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice Needed- Problem With Recording on the CMS 50D + Oximeter
Advice Needed- Problem With Recording on the CMS 50D + Oximeter
Hi. I recently purchased a CMS 50D + oximeter. I am having a problem with the record function on the oximeter. I set the record function to "on" after I put the oximeter on my finger and before I fall asleep. I use a piece of tape to keep the oximeter secure on my finger. I do not set the record function to "off" during the course of my sleep. But after my sleep, when I want to record and transfer the over-night data that is on the oximeter, I will find that the record function is already set to "off" and I may only have 20 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes, etc., of recorded data, instead of having 6 to 8 hours of recorded data like I should have. I have used new batteries. I notice that the flashing light indicating that the oximeter is recording flashes when i first start recording, but I believe that the flashing light stops at some point during my sleep.

Can you suggest why this failure to record the full sleep session could be happening? Could I be inadvertently pressing the button to stop the recording during my sleep? Am I transferring the data incorrectly? Does the oximeter have an auto-off feature that may be engaged? Is the unit defective? I sent an email to Contec, the manufacturer, about this problem that I am having, but I have not yet received a response. Thank you for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice Needed- Problem With Recording on the CMS 50D + Oximeter
First, where are you putting the tape? But that would be obvious if you were putting it across the button.

When you press the button to start record and it says "on", tap again to go to Exit then press to exit. This will take you back to the screen where you see the results. A light in one corner should be blinking It should fade in a few seconds and say "Recording" or something similar. The light will continue to blink.

By taking it out of the menu, you eliminate any chance of accidentally turning it off.

Also make sure you have fully charged batteries.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
hi. i am putting the tape right below the end of my finger and i attach the tape to the other side of my finger and to the bottom and sides of the oximeter and i avoid the button.

yes, i tap to record, after it says record on, i tap exit to get to the screen that shows my o2 level and pulse rate. after a short time that screen goes blank, but i do see a blinking light. at some point after i fall asleep the blinking light stops and when i check the record status, it reads "off".

i have been trying to use good batteries, but maybe they arent as strong as i thought they were. thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I can think of is the batteries are low so it stops recording. Pop in brand spankin' new ones and see if you can duplicate the problem.

Other than that, I'm wondering if the tape is doing something to the hinge which is turning the machine off. If it goes off even with new batteries, try it without the tape.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some Oxy's default to OFF if the unit does not see a pulse in a set time..

Check your's,
  • put on finger,
  • set record ON wait a couple of minutes,
  • remove unit...
Does it auto shut OFF?

... Philip
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 515 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.