Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data
RE: Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data
That looks fine as there are no clustered apnea. There is however a very strong pattern of OA arising out of EPAP pressure less than 9.0 cm (12/9). Your median pressure here is 13.0/10.0, and it looks like that should become your new minimum pressure. You may not need higher maximum pressure, but that can be reviewed separately.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly, I should set my minimum pressure to 13 and keep my maximum at 15? My apologies if I am misunderstanding, I am still quite new to OSCAR and understanding the complexities of the data
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that is correct. I often use bilevel pressure notations regarding pressure, so a pressure recommendation of 13/9 (inhale/exhale) indicates a pressure of 13 with EPR 3 resulting in EPAP 9.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is another update with your recommended settings. I notice more postional apnea, I am curious if my tongue postion could be causing my obstructive apneas? The one night I did use my collar I noticed that my AHI's were still quite high. I am now considering purchasing a night vision camera to see if I am rolling onto my back during my sleep which could be factoring into my apnea events. 

I'd appreciate any guidance or thoughts on this matter Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree this is positional. Quite a few members have used inexpensive night-view cameras with time-stamp to see how their sleep position corresponds to apnea events. Something is going on there, and it seems we can rule out leaks from the mouth opening and the jaw moving back. Being able to visualize this is probably a good idea. From my armchair viewpoint I can only guess, and let you know we have found clusters like this at maximum pressure are usually "positional". That certainly can vary between individuals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

So here is my data from last night, I was wearing my cervical collar and I want to confirm that I am once again experiencing clusters of postional apnea? I will be purchasing a night time camera today to correlate the results to my sleeping positions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I used several different collars and liked the Caldera ReLeaf the best.  But I ended up buying a child-sized pillow that has a raised area in the front that tips my head slightly back.  This works way better for me and is a lot more comfortable.  My pillow is no longer made but there are a couple on Amazon that look as if they would work the same way.  Here are two:

https://www.amazon.com/Hcore-Adjustable-...r=8-8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MLILY-Adjustable-...r=8-5&th=1

These are both made with three layers so you can make them flatter if you want.

I just thought I'd offer an alternative solution.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,118 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 249 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 147 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 122 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 149 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,099 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 171 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.