Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

THANK YOU EVERYONE! My First Screenshot
THANK YOU EVERYONE! My First Screenshot
[attachment=5992]3rd night was finally a success thanks to all of your encouragement the other day!    

Started out with a nasal pillow but realized I'm a major mouth breather.  Who knew? - but then I had no idea I've been waking up all night either.    Yesterday, per my terrific DME nurse's advice,  I switched to a ResMed AirFit F10 full mask and it was sooo much more comfortable. 

Last night wasn't perfect but at least I kept the dang thing on all night and actually got some sleep!   Had a few problems waking up with dry mouth several times.  Read some threads here and will try some of the suggestions. 

Here's my first screenshot.    Hope it uploads right.   How does this look so far?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: THANK YOU EVERYONE! My First Screenshot
That is way closer to perfect than the majority of my nights.  Well done!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations!

About dry mouth, I think if you put the humidifier settings on "Auto", that will probably take care of it. ISTR that you might need to set that in the clinician's menus first.

With the Airsense 10 you have to be careful always to have water in the humidifier tank when the humidifier (which really means the heater) is enabled in the settings, or else you'll wake up to the smell of scorched metal & plastic, unfortunately. That's an oversight on Resmed's part: the device has no water-level sensor and can't switch off the heater when the water is gone. When you switch the humidifier to Off or zero, you'll still get passive humidification with no heat (less effective, of course) if there is water in the tank.

About the screen shot, it'd be good to scale it (zoom out) to include all the graphs, not just the upper left corner of the screen. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2018, 02:46 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: About the screen shot, it'd be good to scale it (zoom out) to include all the graphs, not just the upper left corner of the screen.  Smile

Thanks!   I wasn't sure how to do the screen shot so I just hit the print screen button, pasted it into Paint and saved it.   
Is there an easier way to do this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2018, 02:46 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: About dry mouth, I think if you put the humidifier settings on "Auto", that will probably take care of it.

Or maybe not. Coincidentally, from another thread just now, this is relevant:

(05-17-2018, 12:55 PM)Marillion Wrote: I would submit that the humidity setting will do very little to help you with dry mouth.  It is more likely that your mouth is opening up slightly.  Are you using a chin strap to help keep your jaw closed?  Or you could try using a soft cervical collar fitted loosely that you can pick up at Walmart or other discount store.  if your mouth opens up slightly the treated pressure will stay the same since you are using a full face mask but your mouth will dry out in the process.  if you tried to keep your mouth open for 7 hours straight without closing it and breath through your mouth only during the day, you will experience something similar.  You want to try to keep your mouth closed as much as possible, even with a full face mask when using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
For arranging and posting just follow the directions on the links below.

Welcome to the Board.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Suzi that AHI is absolutely GREAT!!!!

Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Suzi, both Walla and I have the Organize Sleepyhead Screenshots link in our signature.  All you need to do is organize the charts as shown in the tutorial and use the F12 key.  That will save the screenshot in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Screenshots.  No need for paint or other processing.   OSCAR
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 370 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New User - Help with Settings with OSCAR Screenshot JohnHornbuckle 10 1,062 04-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask Chalkie 60 5,539 12-17-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next? legrunt 40 3,382 11-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: legrunt
Sad Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac gregoryalter 6 848 02-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: gregoryalter
  Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot Cool 2 759 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Cool
  [Health] OSCAR Screenshot - Please help markbrown 17 1,831 05-23-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.