Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice Please
Advice Please
I have had two rough sleep studies in the quest to see what my pressure should be after a 40 lb weight gain.

On my own, I turned my bipap to an auto, I got a 90% reading of 11/9 I know I have apneas because when I read, I also hook up machine and it consistently will read 8/6 when I am not sleeping. IF no apnea, I would imagine that it would stay at the lower levels. (those are the lowest I have selected in the auto mode)

My first diagnostic sleep study (very first I never feel asleep) my AHI was 100.7 and a follow up 3 years later was AHI 47.5. Now my insurance will only pay for primary sleep studies NOT titrations. I have not been able to fall and stay asleep for long enough to get enough info, so that is why I decided to do my own version at home.

Any thoughts on this? Have any of you used your bi as an auto to get numbers?

This 11/9 is from 4 nights of the same readings with an AHI of 2.1.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. Elle
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice Please
Auto settings which can acheive a good AHI is a good therapy IMO. better yet if you look at the data the machine creates, to zero in.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Elle, the machine in your profile is confusing:
Quote:Machine: Resmed system one auto/bi

System One machines are by Philips Respironics, and Resmed is a different brand. You probably have the Philips Respironics System One BiPAP Auto (model 760 or 750). That machine could be setup with EPAPmin 9.0, PS min 0, PSmax 0, and IPAPmax 13.0 to get similar settings to a Remstar auto with a range of 9-13. Is that what you're doing?

Or you may be using BiPAP S mode and have EPAP 9.0 and IPAP 13.0. That is a fixed bilevel mode.

Anyway, if you could clarify your settings it would help us understand your question better. Go into the clinical settings and let us know your:
1. mode
2. EPAPmin
3. PSmin
4. PSmax
5. IPAPmax

If you are in BiPAP S mode, the PS (pressure support) settings will not be visilbe, and only one EPAP and IPAP will be visible.

I have some ideas how you might use an auto bilevel to titrate pressures, but really need to know what machine we're dealing with, and what settings you're trying now, and how they are working out for you. Also if you can download #Sleepyhead and post some data, the information we're looking for will likely be there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See if you can ID your machine from this page.
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]

Don't turn the machine over with water in the tank.

[Image: PR-model-2.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 6 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 303 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 804 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.