Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice appreciated
RE: Advice appreciated
Thank you, Dave.    I will continue  as I've been doing recently,   for now.    This OSCAR and oximetry  monitoring  has just been in the last   six or ten months, so it's still fairly new to me.    I see my dr. again in January...oh, it's almost January!    So we can review some of this then.   
I plan to write a letter to my dr,    to hand to him when I go to my appointment, next time and every time.   It's too easy to forget to mention something that I think may be important.

Thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You're welcome.

Let me suggest what I have done for my PAP therapy and other pulmonary needs. Whether it is mental or written form doesn't matter much, but whichever works best for you. Make notes that you understand, even if it's some made up shorthand or abbreviations, notes should include symptoms that linger or cause complaints of some sort, things yet to be addressed and similar. These also can be positive like PAP setting edits, changed this to that value and that area improved type of thing. I've found if you tell the doc you changed settings, include values of old and new and can point to the positive change, then include a question like what do you think doc? This includes doc and keeps feathers from ruffling too much. Notes of some sort is the general idea, you come up with the format that works best for you. Maybe it'll help with the treatment, etc.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestions, including the "what do you think?" part.
I do have low-tech graphs --large paper graphs--that I started making about a year ago. I take those in to each appointment. One day my dr. asked some question... may have been how do you feel after such and such... or is the leak problem when your mask is wearing out? ... and I had to say, that I didn't have a system for recording that. He suggested that would be a good thing to include.
The graphs have evolved. First it was just Resmed Myair information each day--that was simpler--an overall score, hours of use, AHI (they call it events), leaks per minute, and "on and off" number of times. The leaks drove me nuts. Increased pressures did not seem to decrease events of apnea. Sometimes Resmed Myair is described as measuring compliance. And the story goes on and on, which may explain why my first entry was very brief!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you  tell how long the OAs were about  0340 ?    There were numbers   on  some screens,   56?     Does that mean apnea period 56 seconds?   or 56  OAs in a cluster?    It looks like a short cluster on the event graph.   

I seem to be doing well.     The graphs look good to us.    I sleep well usually.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I will try to include the section that I was asking about,   approx 0340 this morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] UARS - BiPAP - just started treatment - need advice calebpng 3 124 11-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice memeuro 51 1,659 11-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - Help with OSCAR and advice regarding treatment (OSA and possible RERAs?) SleepyMech 0 111 11-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SleepyMech
Question CPAP newbie, trying to avoid DMEs entirely. Need advice on what I'm doing. harrisrobin 10 315 11-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Rcgop needs advice Rcgop 3 207 11-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: martyedb
Smile Any help would be appreciated. jjohnson 7 186 10-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need advice for the quietest full face mask Strikeaegis 5 294 10-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.