Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice appreciated
RE: Advice appreciated
I don't think there's a rule set in stone that you must keep the pressures separated by 4. It's what works for you in best therapy results and comfort. Yes making a lot of changes can make things harder to know which change caused what effect, but it's not a big problem. So did you sleep well? Any symptoms or complaints about the therapy that you want addressed? Or is it acceptable or great as is? Numbers can point out the therapy affects, but you have a say in how well it is by feedback. You alone get to grade how well it did, as in things like feeling well rested or not.

I didn't see any outstanding bad areas on the chart, so you'd have to critically gauge how well the therapy treatment went. It would be helpful to include your feedback and then on the chart to present a standard view for now. It can present every important area that will normally be needed. I think you'd want to present Event at the top always, then Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, and Flow Limit. Show those 5 at once, and to do so you'd most likely need to grab the separation lines between chart segments and drag upward to shrink the vertical height of each a bit until all 5 fits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's screenshot.   I slept well, better than the night before,   (sleep night Thursday, Nov. 5).      I used my first homemade soft cervical collar and left it on all night.   I moved the cushions I had put on my upper headgear straps, away from the cushion,  and  had fewer leaks.     I am feeling encouraged.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK great to hear that. I'd say just keep using it as is then. See if you can string together some good nights like this one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for reviewing this.      Yes, I will see how the next few nights go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever you did on that last session finally resolved the positional apnea issue. The rest looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again!      My new SCC from Corflex came yesterday.       I would not have found one this size--this small-- at our stores,    although my medical supply place  may have had one  (an hour away).       The last SCC that I made worked well, too.     So I used the new SCC and   only one tennis ball on my back   last night.    Slept well,  doing better.    

I am using my CMS 50  oximeter again.    I know it would be better to have o2 sats    in the  nineties.    I can't tell how long ,   how many minutes,  my sats have been in the  80's.       If more information is needed, we will try to figure out how to post it.    

Thank you again,  all of you,   for all your help.     Apnea Board is amazing.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's me again.    I noticed just now,   that oximeter appears to show some  drops this morning, also,   and I woke  up, turned it all off, about eight AM.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you include the SpO2 graph in your OSCAR results? We can see the statistics and the numerous SD events, but seeing the graph, and how it aligns with other events or variables may help. There appear to still be some obstructive clusters, but much improved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
this is last night's screenshot.     Does it show what is needed?    (especially for evaluation of  O2 sats.)     Thank you for your input.

Post Reply Post Reply
Besides the cluster of Obstructives just before 02:00 and that sometimes low oxygen level, it looks pretty good. That cluster could have been a brief positional episode for some reason that snuck in; maybe collar shift or similar. Not to cause concern, but has any of your doctors talked about your oxygen levels being low sometimes? I myself feel the negative effects of low oxygen even at 92% sometimes, but that might be chalked up to my COPD. Sustained levels of 88%, say over 5 minutes, is the warning area that it may be time to ask doc about it. Even so, overall I think it's a good improvement over what you had at the beginning even with the small blip on Obstructives.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,686 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.