Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Have you messed with your settings within the first month of treatment?
This poll is closed.
yes
36.36%
20 36.36%
no
63.64%
35 63.64%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Advice for new users wanting to "tweak" settings
RE: Advice for new users wanting to "tweak" settings
the mask fit feature is not available on escape models including escape auto
escape auto might shows AHI on the machine but no breakdown of AHI or central apnea detection
basically both are useless machines and make no sense buying either
cpap is more than just a blower .... its a medical equipment
machine that don,t shows efficacy data on screen and via sd card is a piece of junk belong in scrapyard

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with BabyDoc.
If you aren't showing a 10% or greater drop in O2 saturation you aren't sensing any centrals because your machine is not capable of it.
Monitoring the pressures is good and helps catching hypopneas and obstructive apneas.
If the machine senses that your airway is open it is really sensing a clear apnea not a true central!
What can cause that? Just a bout of *very* shallow breathing.
From what I see in the studies, a true central event requires some kind of preliminary brain damage.

What it all boils down to is that without a logging oximeter you are always going to be too afraid to alter your pressure.
You might need more pressure to knock out the more severe apneas that are causing desats and making you feel crappy the next day.
This 'false central effect' is worsened by mask leaks I have found this to vary over time so one night in the sleep study isn't going to catch it.
Once again the Sleep Docs are failing to treat the patient agressively enough opting instead to shove a CPAP at you and kick you out the door after
lifting everyones wallets. (yours and insurance company)

If you really are having centrals you need to get with a pulmonary doc, right away. (Before you croak)
You might need a ventilator to keep you breathing at night.

Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe Escape Auto doesn't record any leak info of any form. No mask fit, either.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2013, 04:48 PM)archangle Wrote: I believe Escape Auto doesn't record any leak info of any form. No mask fit, either.
escape from the Escape ... the great Escape

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSolaLbtyU5646LoU86M6...tuTtbJakwn]

Post Reply Post Reply
You need a motorcycle to get away from your CPAP?

=O.O=
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2013, 01:22 PM)JJJ Wrote: One thing that I have been unable to find information about is how much your body is supposed to produce naturally.

The dosages listed on bottles are not standardized. There's really no way to tell how much melatonin you're getting when you take a pill.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,922 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,524 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 72 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 515 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.