Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice for set up of device for a friend
Advice for set up of device for a friend
hi there,

Since I am soon to receive a new device, I am shipping one of my auto bipap 760 to a friend (I have 2). He has been using an auto cpap for a few years and loves it (no prescription). My bipap is set for me.

From my understanding, the bipap can be set to run as a cpap? And any suggestions for the settings- he really doesn't know much about cpap and I am not sure if he can figure out to read his current settings, I think it was set however it is normally set to run on auto cpap? Hmmm, I see that it only works on cpap not auto cpap, so I better put it on auto bipap?

Thanks for any suggestions Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice for set up of device for a friend
What are his current settings? here's the deal, you can make that 760 work as a CPAP, but it would be much more comfortable as an auto bipap if you know where to start. The ONLY reason people on CPAP don't get BiPAP is the cost. Personally, I'd take his CPAP pressure, then subtract 1.0 and use that as EPAPmin. I'd set the minimum PS to +2 and max PS to +4, and use his CPAP +4 and use that for IPAP max. You could allow higher IPAP since the auto algorithm will not increase pressure more than needed.

This is easy stuff. Your friend will be treated for obstructive apnea and have pressure support for hypopnea and RERA, and will have the comfort of pressure relief in exhale. For starters, just set Biflex at 1.0. Follow up after a week, and compare results on data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, that is very helpful information- my friend is very much a novice in knowing how to find what his current pressure is, so i made a guess and we shall see how it works for him.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, you don't know his CPAP pressure? What machine?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with sleeprider on how to start out switching from cpap to bipap auto. Just need his current pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
True, I don't know what the pressure is on his auto cpap device. he purchased it from an individual who put it to factory settings, that is what my understanding. My friend lives out of my local area, or I could show him how to find the data that I need to get. Maybe it means at some point I should go on a trip to visit he and his wife.

All he knows is it works great for him and that he feels better and his wife is able to sleep through the night now that he is on the cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 263 36 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,789 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.