Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice needed before 30 days are up!
RE: Advice needed before 30 days are up!
(02-28-2015, 10:32 AM)Mich Wrote: Hi Deepbreathing,

I agree with you. I tried the Airfit P10 for her only one night (it was the 2nd mask provided for me as an alternative before getting the clinic to offer providing the other two others. I read so many reviews and it sounded like people loved it, I tried it one night with the Medium pillows (which is the largest size that comes in the for her package), and it was a disaster also for me. I will be trying that with the Large size pillows. Apparently whatever size fits your nostrils, the next one up is the appropriate size for you. Will report back. Also, the headband is comfortable but if it does not stay put... that is also a drawback, however, so many people praise it that I want to troubleshoot possible reasons for it not working for me.

I am not sure where you got that info from about going to the next larger size.
I am using the SMALL size pillows of the P10 and it fits and feels fantastic! (no leaks either) BTW, I am a man and my nose is fairly normal in size.

Perhaps try it again with the smaller pillows and see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

I am not sure where you got that info from about going to the next larger size.
I am using the SMALL size pillows of the P10 and it fits and feels fantastic! (no leaks either) BTW, I am a man and my nose is fairly normal in size.

Perhaps try it again with the smaller pillows and see if that helps.
[/quote]

Well, I finally decided that finding the right mask is like frogs and princes! I slept like crap with the Airfit P10...... 3.12 AHI (range 2.52-5.74) vs. a range .20-.50's when using the Wisp or the Eson. That settles it once and for all, the P10 and I are not compatible, not even with hair pins.

I had tried it with the Medium and even ordered a Large pillow separately (for air only came with xs, s and m sizes) to make sure pillow size was not the issue. Unless the pillow is supposed to go totally inside the nostril (which is not what the videos on youtube and resumed show), then it is a no go.

My best friend's husband went from pillows to an Optilife mask with "nose cradle" so I might eventually try it. Anyone have any experience with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 06:00 AM)k_ogre Wrote: funny worked the other way for me on mask I have a wisp and when I roll from side to side I'd wake to air blowing in my eyes with the p10 I get a great seal with very few mask errors in the night. glad you got a for her and it's working for you real sleep is kinda nice

Yes, I think Respironics Wisp should make a xs, s, m and large not a combined s/m nose mask. I reordered both the s/m and large. It seems if I am a bit congested I feel I breathe better with the L size, when the s/m is normally just fine.

Yes, I guess it's like frogs and princes.... you kiss a few frogs until you find the prince. I think I am going to settle for the Wisp and Eson for right now and eventually try another mask, for right now, these two might not the smallest and prettiest of the bunch, but they do the job superbly for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply

I want to preface this by saying Mich, I am extremely happy with your results. I would also like to know if there are any other folks out there that have switched from a Airsense A 10 Autoset to an Airsense A 10 Autoset for Her and hear if they had the same type of AHI experience.

Mich, feel great about what you have accomplished and you are right your doc and DME person seem to be on the side of the angels.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
[/quote]

Thank you PaytonA, I am very happy myself, and it has not been hard to adjust to therapy, I was a bit afraid before starting after reading some horror stories online. In fact, I will not go to sleep without it now. I am very grateful to this site, it helped a lot. I feel so much better now, why not comply? Do I wish the air pressure blew wirelessly with nothing on my head, I do, I do, I do!

regarding going from Airsense 10 to Airsense 10 for Her, it was explained to me that the pressure increases are made in smaller increments which helps with pressure changes arousals? I wrote to Resmed and suggested they make the "For Her" also in black, or just make it available in a software upgrade to the plain Airsense 10. I do not see why someone would buy the Airsense 10 when the Airsense For Her gives you the same setups as the Airsense 10 plus the "For Her". Like someone in this forum posted, the "For Her" is 3 machines in 1 where the Airsense 10 Autoset is just two machines in 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 06:58 AM)Mich Wrote: regarding going from Airsense 10 to Airsense 10 for Her, it was explained to me that the pressure increases are made in smaller increments which helps with pressure changes arousals? I wrote to Resmed and suggested they make the "For Her" also in black, or just make it available in a software upgrade to the plain Airsense 10. I do not see why someone would buy the Airsense 10 when the Airsense For Her gives you the same setups as the Airsense 10 plus the "For Her". Like someone in this forum posted, the "For Her" is 3 machines in 1 where the Airsense 10 Autoset is just two machines in 1.

I think it would make my Adam's apple wiggle oddly. Otherwise, I don't know why they made two options either. Unless they think they would get a bigger portion of the market share of the female variety. Could have a point there.......... Kind of like the "New Coke."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 11:52 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 06:58 AM)Mich Wrote: regarding going from Airsense 10 to Airsense 10 for Her, it was explained to me that the pressure increases are made in smaller increments which helps with pressure changes arousals? I wrote to Resmed and suggested they make the "For Her" also in black, or just make it available in a software upgrade to the plain Airsense 10. I do not see why someone would buy the Airsense 10 when the Airsense For Her gives you the same setups as the Airsense 10 plus the "For Her". Like someone in this forum posted, the "For Her" is 3 machines in 1 where the Airsense 10 Autoset is just two machines in 1.

I think it would make my Adam's apple wiggle oddly. Otherwise, I don't know why they made two options either. Unless they think they would get a bigger portion of the market share of the female variety. Could have a point there.......... Kind of like the "New Coke."

Hahaha, you and your Adam's apple! Who knows? Maybe it would work better even for you. We should let the males with the "for her" device chime in! Resmed forgets they are being sexist by assuming every female apnea patient would like a white with flowers device! it shows you how they really do not consult with females before launching their products.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad the wisp and eson are working for you. Those are my go to's and they are a great combination.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 42 minutes ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 8 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 177 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,527 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.