Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice needed before 30 days are up!
Advice needed before 30 days are up!
Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank you because I have been reading a lot of posts and have learned a lot from you all.

I started therapy on 2/12/2015 and need to make some decisions before 3/12/2015.

My questions are the following:

Q. #1: I was given the Resmed Airsense 10. Being female, should I insist on having it replaced with the Resmed Airsense 10 FOR HER, or even backwards to the Resmed Autosense S9?

--------
Q #2: I was given the Respironics Wisp mask. I love that you can unclasp the swivel tube for bathroom breaks without having to take the whole mask off, however I am an active side sleeper and it seems like I get leaks when switching positions.

Others to choose from are:

A. Resmed P10
B. Resmed N10
C. Eson

What do other female members find most comfortable/effective (less leakage) in terms of masks. I don't care about paying out of pocket as long as I get the best fit for me. Please feel free to recommend masks not listed above. I am determined to make this work. Already feel so much better!
Thank you very much in advance!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice needed before 30 days are up!
(02-26-2015, 07:26 AM)Mich Wrote: Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank you because I have been reading a lot of posts and have learned a lot from you all.

I started therapy on 2/12/2015 and need to make some decisions before 3/12/2015.

My questions are the following:

Q. #1: I was given the Resmed Airsense 10. Being female, should I insist on having it replaced with the Resmed Airsense 10 FOR HER, or even backwards to the Resmed Autosense S9?

--------
Q #2: I was given the Respironics Wisp mask. I love that you can unclasp the swivel tube for bathroom breaks without having to take the whole mask off, however I am an active side sleeper and it seems like I get leaks when switching positions.

Others to choose from are:

A. Resmed P10
B. Resmed N10
C. Eson

What do other female members find most comfortable/effective (less leakage) in terms of masks. I don't care about paying out of pocket as long as I get the best fit for me. Please feel free to recommend masks not listed above. I am determined to make this work. Already feel so much better!
Thank you very much in advance!!!

Should read Resmed Autoset Airsense 10/ Resmed Autoset Airsense 10 For Her. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure that I understand the "30-day" limit; but try as many masks as your DME has to determine what works best for you. There's nothing that says you have to buy from your local DME; just make sure that you get a copy of your prescription from your sleep doc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 08:23 AM)PollCat Wrote: Not sure that I understand the "30-day" limit; but try as many masks as your DME has to determine what works best for you. There's nothing that says you have to buy from your local DME; just make sure that you get a copy of your prescription from your sleep doc.

I was told by Resp. Tech at my doctor's office that I have 30 days to exchange machine and mask once without incurring additional cost. It seems the options are rent to own, rent, or straight purchase (with the straight purchase my copay will be $236 and I do not have to be billed monthly for 15 months). Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
A10 Autoset has 2 modes.
A10 Autoset for her has 3 modes. They include the 2 modes of the A10 Autoset. It has one extra "for her" mode which is gentler than the modes of regular A10 autoset.

Since an Autoset for her contains both modes of the regular A10 Autoset, you will be better off getting the Autoset for her.

S9 family is an older generation machine and I would advise you to stick to the latest generation which is A10 family.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you tolerate nasal therapy and like to sleep on your side, the Airfit P10 mask is very nice. It does not emit a strong stream of exhaust like most masks and is very light and unobtrusive. The disadvantages is that it does not have adjustable straps. It just slips on and off, and the spacing of the head gear determines how tight it is. Works great for most, but some like to have stronger headgear. Try it, and you can switch back if you prefer the nasal mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 11:28 AM)AshSF Wrote: A10 Autoset has 2 modes.
A10 Autoset for her has 3 modes. They include the 2 modes of the A10 Autoset. It has one extra "for her" mode which is gentler than the modes of regular A10 autoset.

Since an Autoset for her contains both modes of the regular A10 Autoset, you will be better off getting the Autoset for her.

S9 family is an older generation machine and I would advise you to stick to the latest generation which is A10 family.

Thank you for your feedback. I take your post to mean to ask them to replace it with the A10 For Her. I was not sure whether the "For her" was just a marketing gimmick.

(02-26-2015, 11:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since you tolerate nasal therapy and like to sleep on your side, the Airfit P10 mask is very nice. It does not emit a strong stream of exhaust like most masks and is very light and unobtrusive. The disadvantages is that it does not have adjustable straps. It just slips on and off, and the spacing of the head gear determines how tight it is. Works great for most, but some like to have stronger headgear. Try it, and you can switch back if you prefer the nasal mask.

Is the seal pretty good in terms of avoiding leaks? Does it stay put despite the small footprint of nose pillows?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 11:49 AM)Mich Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 11:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since you tolerate nasal therapy and like to sleep on your side, the Airfit P10 mask is very nice. It does not emit a strong stream of exhaust like most masks and is very light and unobtrusive. The disadvantages is that it does not have adjustable straps. It just slips on and off, and the spacing of the head gear determines how tight it is. Works great for most, but some like to have stronger headgear. Try it, and you can switch back if you prefer the nasal mask.

Is the seal pretty good in terms of avoiding leaks? Does it stay put despite the small footprint of nose pillows?

Thank you!

Nasal pillows are the easiest interface to get a good seal with because the contact area is so small. Leak avoidance is excellent with these, but like any other mask, can be dislodged.

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mich,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would get the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her. That way, you would get the extra treatment option should you need it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 01:55 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Mich,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would get the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her. That way, you would get the extra treatment option should you need it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you Trish. I am already feeling so much better! I want to make the therapy as perfect as possible. How are you liking the Airfit P10 pillows mask?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 291 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,524 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.