Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice needed before 30 days are up!
RE: Advice needed before 30 days are up!
(03-01-2015, 03:18 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The Resmed machines I know little about as I have the PRS1 series sixty auto aflex.

That said dont count out the Eson nasal mask. Great seal with a very loose fit. Good side sleeper also and silent as the grave as far as venting goes. And extremely comfortable. The swivel is also a pop on pop off so if you want to get up for a few minutes just pop the swivel and it stays in the hose. Back to bed just pop it back on and your hooked up again.

Thank you Ghost. Yesterday was 2nd night on P10 (I had tried it once with bad results, was going to try for 3 consecutive days to get an average but had an AHI of 4.21, the highest ever since I started therapy! I love the small footprint but I feel like crap this morning. I think I will bypass this one for now and move on to the Eson for three days and will report back. Thank you for your feedback on the Eson, I did not realize I could disconnect the hose at the swivel, I thought only at the tube and was concerned that it would stretch the rubber connector. Have a great day! I really appreciate all the lessons I am getting on this board! Thank you, everybody!

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what I am doing wrong.... (if anything). My AHI seem to be 3.24, 4.81 and 5.5 with the Resmed Airfit P10. With the Wisp it seems to be 0.50, 0.71, 0.74.

On every occasion I did make sure the settings was correct whether Pillows or Nasal. Any suggestions? I love how unobtrusive the P10 is but do not love the readings.

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2015, 11:48 AM)Mich Wrote: I don't know what I am doing wrong.... (if anything). My AHI seem to be 3.24, 4.81 and 5.5 with the Resmed Airfit P10. With the Wisp it seems to be 0.50, 0.71, 0.74.

On every occasion I did make sure the settings was correct whether Pillows or Nasal. Any suggestions? I love how unobtrusive the P10 is but do not love the readings.

Thanks in advance!

You should open a new thread with this question. You will get better viewing rate then.

And on that thread, you should post your Sleepyhead screenshot for a day with P10; and a day with the other mask. Then we can find clues into why this is happening. Make sure these screenshots contain your event graph, your pressure graph, your leak rate graph at the least.

PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 02:23 PM)Mich Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 01:55 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Mich,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would get the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her. That way, you would get the extra treatment option should you need it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you Trish. I am already feeling so much better! I want to make the therapy as perfect as possible. How are you liking the Airfit P10 pillows mask?
Hi Mich,
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you and I'm glad to hear you are feeling so much better with CPAP therapy. I really like the AirFit P10 mask. I have tried many different masks and it is the best one I have tried to date.
Edit: Keep in mind that a mask I like, such as the AirFit P10, may not work well for you at all, it's such an individual thing, end edit.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2015, 11:48 AM)Mich Wrote: I don't know what I am doing wrong.... (if anything). My AHI seem to be 3.24, 4.81 and 5.5 with the Resmed Airfit P10. With the Wisp it seems to be 0.50, 0.71, 0.74.

Thanks in advance!

I didn't catch whether you changed the machine settings for the mask type. Might have something to do with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2015, 11:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I didn't catch whether you changed the machine settings for the mask type. Might have something to do with it.

Yes, I did change the settings to Pillows while using the Airfit P10. I like that it has such a small footprint and right now I am feeling a bit jealous of those who have success with it! I have no idea how to capture the screens for posting them.

The two that give me the best readings on SleepyHead seem to be the Wisp and the Eson. Starting Airfit N10 trial tonight. I only used it one day and it seemed to vent into one of my eyes.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2015, 02:05 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 10:58 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I have found if I pull as much of my hair possible into a small ponytail in back, then place the back strap under it, the headgear will not move or ride up.

Oh to have enough hair to make a ponytail! Grin

Sorry DeepBreathing... I wasn't thinking about Guys:grin:, although some men do have longer hair.
As for my hair, I seem to lose a bunch every day. Oh-jeez, and no way to stop it!
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that is driving your AHI up and down is that your changing masks every few days.

Invariably before I settled on the Eson for good, a mask change, FFM to nasal, different brand ffm or nasal, etc would drive up my Ahi for a few numbers then with a week or so on the same mask they settle.

FFM I need more pressure and my numbers will simply be higher as in from below 1 with the Eson to over 2 usually with the FFM.

And the nasal "Eson for me" drops my needed max pressure about 5 or 6 Cmh2o compared to a FFM or Total face mask. That said I have a spare Fitlife total face in case of surgeries or tooth extractions because it rests on the outer edges of the face not the sore spots of pulled tooth. And the Simplus FFM as a back up if I would happen to stuff up so bad I cant breathe thru my nose which is rare.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2015, 01:05 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: One thing that is driving your AHI up and down is that your changing masks every few days.

Invariably before I settled on the Eson for good, a mask change, FFM to nasal, different brand ffm or nasal, etc would drive up my Ahi for a few numbers then with a week or so on the same mask they settle.

FFM I need more pressure and my numbers will simply be higher as in from below 1 with the Eson to over 2 usually with the FFM.

And the nasal "Eson for me" drops my needed max pressure about 5 or 6 Cmh2o compared to a FFM or Total face mask. That said I have a spare Fitlife total face in case of surgeries or tooth extractions because it rests on the outer edges of the face not the sore spots of pulled tooth. And the Simplus FFM as a back up if I would happen to stuff up so bad I cant breathe thru my nose which is rare.

Hi Ghost1958,

I am new to CPAP and trying to determine which is the best mask for me in terms of results: lower leakage, lower AHI numbers. The AHI does not vary too much between Wisp or Eson. The P10 makes it go way high.. My rankings for these masks are as follows: #1) Eson, #2) Wisp, #3 Airfit N10, #4 Airfit P10. The Eson is truly number one in terms of results for me.

My perfect mask would be a combination of:

a) headgear of either Wisp or N10,
b) Eson nasal pillow (it really seals well and does not leave marks on face), c) the swivel attachment/detachment of the Wisp (to quickly detach for Bathroom breaks,
D) diffusion of the P10

All A-D in one mask. I am not asking for much, aren't I? Hahaha!

Perhaps it is time we demand cpap mask manufacturers to make these parts have standard connectors so we can customize the masks, just like electric outlets, we do not have a different type of plug in every house, unless we travel to another continent and then need an adaptor.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2015, 01:05 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: That said I have a spare Fitlife total face in case of surgeries or tooth extractions because it rests on the outer edges of the face not the sore spots of pulled tooth.

Ghost,

I didn't realize that you had any teeth left?? Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,835 10 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,531 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.