Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice needed before 30 days are up!
RE: Advice needed before 30 days are up!
Results are in:

Based on the advice of some of you, I asked my DME to switch my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her. While doing the exchange, the technician seemed to think I was doing real well and that the "For Her" machine would not make a difference.

Three days in, my AHI index had gone from an average of 2 to .02 and made believers of both the technician and the doctor (apparently he told him how much better results were). I am really happy and impressed with both of these gentlemen and highly recommend them to anyone in the Northern Virginia area. During my follow-up appointment, I was shown how they now have in stock the "For Her" machine and the technician acknowledged that he was proven wrong by the results.

Regarding masks, I have settled on the Philips Respironics Wisp and have a standard Resmed F10 on standby for when allergy season begins just in case I need to breath through my mouth.

Regarding masks:

Wisp #1A and Eson #1B for great seal. (Wisp does not have head band so no clear plastic going from nose to forehead to interfere with reading glasses)

Resmed F10 = Standby (good seal, not as comfortable as a Nasal mask)

Resmed Airfit P10: The one I reluctantly had to break up with! I love how unobtrusive it is, but I experience large leaks which then cause poor sleep and AHI to rise.

Resmed Airfit N10: Farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.... Great headgear, mask noisy. Not worth the cost.

Thank you all for your suggestions along my way!

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see things have worked out. Thanks for the follow-up. Now, hang around and help the next newb.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results Mich, thanks for all the info.

Good to hear the "for her" machine worked so nicely for you. Sorry to hear the P10 didn't. Curious to know what caused your bad leak experience: Strap too loose? Wrong size pillow? But it's great you have a mask that is working well for you.

Thanks for the report.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2015, 03:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Great results Mich, thanks for all the info.

Good to hear the "for her" machine worked so nicely for you. Sorry to hear the P10 didn't. Curious to know what caused your bad leak experience: Strap too loose? Wrong size pillow? But it's great you have a mask that is working well for you.

Thanks for the report.

I don't know whether I got a defective P10. Mine came with xs, s and m size. Bought the large pillow pillows to ensure the fit was better but aside from the leaks, I also had the highest AHI number. I am going to try again with the new machine to see if it still the same. The strap is not too loose either. I am going to try to clip it to my hair with hairpins and see if that changes the outcome. I was actually tempted to start another thread asking for P10 fans to give suggestions. I am quite envious of those of you who can get great numbers with it. My AHI stays below .70 with Wisp and Eson, so right now those are my tops.

Thanks for your input retiredguy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2015, 03:36 PM)Mich Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 03:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Great results Mich, thanks for all the info.

Thanks for the report.

I don't know whether I got a defective P10. Mine came with xs, s and m size. Bought the large pillow pillows to ensure the fit was better but aside from the leaks, I also had the highest AHI number. I am going to try again with the new machine to see if it still the same. The strap is not too loose either. I am going to try to clip it to my hair with hairpins and see if that changes the outcome. I was actually tempted to start another thread asking for P10 fans to give suggestions. I am quite envious of those of you who can get great numbers with it. My AHI stays below .70 with Wisp and Eson, so right now those are my tops.

Eson Rocks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2015, 06:49 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 03:36 PM)Mich Wrote:

Thanks for the report.

Eson Rocks!!!

@Retiredguy = Based on my results I would recommend the "For Her" even for men. Supposedly it increases the pressure in smaller increments thereby not waking you up as much.

@VanWinkle = Yes, the nasal mask on the Eson is fantastic. I wish it did not have the forehead part, all in all is an incredible efficient mask! That is why the Wisp is #1A and Eson is #1B....

And once more, thank you for all your input in the forum. I have learned a lot. I am just so happy to be waking up refreshed and with energy that I am being compulsive about getting my events to 0.0 which has happened a few times!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
funny worked the other way for me on mask I have a wisp and when I roll from side to side I'd wake to air blowing in my eyes with the p10 I get a great seal with very few mask errors in the night. glad you got a for her and it's working for you real sleep is kinda nice
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2015, 06:00 AM)k_ogre Wrote: funny worked the other way for me on mask I have a wisp and when I roll from side to side I'd wake to air blowing in my eyes with the p10 I get a great seal with very few mask errors in the night. glad you got a for her and it's working for you real sleep is kinda nice

Thanks K_ogre. I will give it another try this weekend by securing the p10 to my hair with hair pins. If that does not help, I will give up! I use a Tempurpedic molded neck pillow so my face goes into the curved area and does not interfere with the mask. I do go from side to side a lot so I am going to try securing the P10 with the hairpins and see if that resolves the problem once and for all. If that works, I might just modify the head piece on the P10 using a wisp headgear. When there's a will there is a way!

Post Reply Post Reply
having a bald fat head must help for me lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2015, 06:00 AM)Mich Wrote: Results are in:

Three days in, my AHI index had gone from an average of 2 to .02 and made believers of both the technician and the doctor (apparently he told him how much better results were).

I want to preface this by saying Mich, I am extremely happy with your results. I would also like to know if there are any other folks out there that have switched from a Airsense A 10 Autoset to an Airsense A 10 Autoset for Her and hear if they had the same type of AHI experience.

Mich, feel great about what you have accomplished and you are right your doc and DME person seem to be on the side of the angels.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.