Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on AHI and Leaks please
(02-25-2014, 11:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: Thanks Everyone for your help. It all sounds very positive, so I think I will stop worrying about my leaks and just get on with it.
I will start to worry if and when they get up near 24, is that right?

Sleep tight all...
Yep. As long as that 95% is well under 24 (and 10 is well under 24), don't worry too much about leaks---unless they start to wake you up. Any leak that is bothersome enough to wake you up has to be dealt with.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 07:24 PM)Gabby Wrote: I just don't understand this leak thing and how many I am allowed to have. I see the green smiley face but am I meant to be trying to achieve nil leaks and I don't understand this 95% thing.
Smiley face indicate good mask fit. Even if 95th percentile is higher than 24 L/m, not the end of the world (providing median leak is low) only mean that leak was at or below this number for number for 95% of the time (not at this number for 95% of the time)
At times, my leak goes above 24 but I,m not bothered as long as not blowing toward my eyes or/and disturb my sleep,
Nil leak is just like nil AHI, not achievable all night every night but should not be the goal either

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 09:31 AM)robysue Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 11:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: Thanks Everyone for your help. It all sounds very positive, so I think I will stop worrying about my leaks and just get on with it.
I will start to worry if and when they get up near 24, is that right?

Sleep tight all...
Yep. As long as that 95% is well under 24 (and 10 is well under 24), don't worry too much about leaks---unless they start to wake you up. Any leak that is bothersome enough to wake you up has to be dealt with.

Cheers robysue, I feel much better now after everyone's confirmation.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

(02-26-2014, 01:02 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 07:24 PM)Gabby Wrote: I just don't understand this leak thing and how many I am allowed to have. I see the green smiley face but am I meant to be trying to achieve nil leaks and I don't understand this 95% thing.
Smiley face indicate good mask fit. Even if 95th percentile is higher than 24 L/m, not the end of the world (providing median leak is low) only mean that leak was at or below this number for number for 95% of the time (not at this number for 95% of the time)
At times, my leak goes above 24 but I,m not bothered as long as not blowing toward my eyes or/and disturb my sleep,
Nil leak is just like nil AHI, not achievable all night every night but should not be the goal either
Thank you Zonk I always appreciate your help as well as everyone's. I feel a lot more at ease about the leak now and will not be as paranoid. I feel comfortable with the number 24 and now have an understanding of the 95%.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help and advice on Quality of sleep and AHI ravik 71 1,467 Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Last Post: ravik
  Australian newbie asking advice! Wellslept 23 562 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Wellslept
  New and need advice about Amara View NadiaK 4 119 04-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Last Post: NadiaK
  Large Mask Leaks stanleydean 2 97 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  Addressing Mask Leaks wullybully76 13 306 04-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Advice re: changing CPAP settings fyrfyter43 46 1,730 04-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Last Post: fyrfyter43
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 21 1,121 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last