Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on CPAP Suppliers
Advice on CPAP Suppliers
I am having to switch CPAP suppliers as the one I got my ResMed S9 Auto from went out of business. I called two local DMEs and they seemed less than helpful. They only seemed concerned about source of payment.

I called three internet suppliers from the list and they were all self pay and I would have to submit the claim. Are all the internet suppliers that way? Any advise you have would be great. I live near Minneapolis, MN.

Thanks

Pat
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on CPAP Suppliers
I live near Mpls and called my insurance company for names of DMEs. I was given Corner Medical in Woodbury, Merwin Home Medical in Arden Hills, Health Partners Home Medical in Arden Hills, Lincare, and Apria. Hope these names help and let us know which DME you go with.

Internet suppliers, from what I understand, dont submit ins claims.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pkelly251,
I think the on line suppliers send you a form foryou to fill out to send to your insurance.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier 2 is local for you (within about a hundred miles) and has good prices.

Many DMEs get in the business not to help people (some generally DO and those that find them are lucky), but because once they figure out the medical insurance billing game, payment is reasonably well assured.

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an doctor explain it to me this way.
To accept insurance he would need a full time person to fill out, submit, and argue each claim.
He would also be required to accept the copay and payment dictated by the insurance company. in my case a $35 copay and a $1.35 payment from the insurance company for a visit he charges $95 for, with his cash patients. My numbers came from the monthly reconciliation statement from the insurance company. I called Apria the in network DME for my insurance. I asked the price they would charge me as a cash buyer for a specific mask, Sleepweaver Elan. it was $179, at Supplier #1 it was $89.
It becomes easy to see why on line DMEs do not want to be involved with insurance companies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 7 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.