Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on NightShift
Advice on NightShift
Hi all,

Happy New Year!

Need advice on NightShift for my positional sleep apnea which is a Vibro-tactile Positional Therapy and claimed "the Night Shift is a clinically proven solution for patients with positional obstructive sleep apnea (POSA) and snorers. Worn on the back of the neck, Night Shift begins to vibrate when the users start to back-sleep. The vibration slowly increases in intensity until the user changes positions."

I have been using CPAP (APAP, ResMed S9) for last six months but still do not feel fully fresh. I also tried MAD (SonoGuard) and SlumberBelt but same result.

Can anyone please let me know personal experiences for the NightShift Device (or similar) and whether you would recommend it to purchase/try it. 

Any other advice on Positional Sleep Apnea. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on NightShift
I spent a quarter of a century working rotating shiftwork including nightshifts. Wish I had been diagnosed with SA while I was still doing those horrible 12 hour nightshifts as it would have made my quality of sleep sooooo much better.

My best suggestion to you if at all possible, get away from nightshifts. So bad for the body and your health. But I realize that may not be possible. So use your CPAP therapy faithfully.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet is to aim for the most consistent sleep schedule you can every day, even days off.
Use blackout shades and curtains in the bedroom.
A white noise generator to mask small intermittent sounds may help reduce disturbances to your sleep.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 04:58 PM)Beej Wrote: Your best bet is to aim for the most consistent sleep schedule you can every day, even days off.
Use blackout shades and curtains in the bedroom.
A white noise generator to mask small intermittent sounds may help reduce disturbances to your sleep.

Thanks Beej & Cate1898  for your replies. I was not clear in my post and have updated the post as I am looking advice on the NightShift Device for Positional Sleep Apnea. Sorry about confusion.

Updated post

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

Need advice on NightShift for my positional sleep apnea which is a Vibro-tactile Positional Therapy and claimed "the Night Shift is a clinically proven solution for patients with positional obstructive sleep apnea (POSA) and snorers. Worn on the back of the neck, Night Shift begins to vibrate when the users start to back-sleep. The vibration slowly increases in intensity until the user changes positions."

I have been using CPAP (APAP, ResMed S9) for last six months but still do not feel fully fresh. I also tried MAD (SonoGuard) and SlumberBelt but same result.

Can anyone please let me know personal experiences for the NightShift Device (or similar) and whether you would recommend it to purchase/try it. 

Any other advice on Positional Sleep Apnea. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried using a tennis ball affixed to your upper back with something like an Ace bandage? It doesn't vibrate but it's a cheaper "proof-of-concept" than that device.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 05:33 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you tried using a tennis ball affixed to your upper back with something like an Ace bandage? It doesn't vibrate but it's a cheaper "proof-of-concept" than that device.

Thanks Crimson and tried this but with no success in my case. Ultimately I turn on my back with three tennis balls but I attached to T shirt using safety pin. 

Let me try with one ball over the weekend with an Ace bandage. 

Any suggestion for monitoring sleeping position i.e. how much time sleeping on back (position monitor)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 03:06 PM)SleepMelb Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 05:33 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you tried using a tennis ball affixed to your upper back with something like an Ace bandage? It doesn't vibrate but it's a cheaper "proof-of-concept" than that device.

Thanks Crimson and tried this but with no success in my case. Ultimately I turn on my back with three tennis balls but I attached to T shirt using safety pin. 

Let me try with one ball over the weekend with an Ace bandage. 

Any suggestion for monitoring sleeping position i.e. how much time sleeping on back (position monitor)?

The only thing that comes to mind for monitoring your position would be to use a security camera with infrared LEDS for night use. I would set it to record motion only.  That way you wouldn't have to sit and view a bunch of " do nothing" time. . . not to mention eating up a lot of drive space.

Hopefully another member will have a better idea.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.