Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on a mask
Advice on a mask
I have two problems, I am a mouth breather AND a very restless sleeper. On those very rare occasions I sleep through the night with the mask on I feel so much more relived and rested, but those are few and far between. I'm looking for suggestion for a mask that will work with both my problems. I am currently using a hybrid, but again more often then not the seal gets broke when I'm on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on a mask
I am also a very restless sleeper.  I have a bad hip and shoulder which causes me to roll a lot during sleep.  I have found that nasal pillows and a chin strap work best for me.  They are very resilient to dislodging when I roll around.  I have read quite a few threads where people use a cervical neck collar instead of a chin strap; this sounds like it should work but I haven't tried it yet...it's on my list though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried a number of full face masks over the past 10 years. Most irritate the bridge of my vose to the point that I need to quit wearing them. I have found the Quattro FX to be very comfortable and to have minimal leak problems in spite of the fact that a change fro side to side and to my back several times a night. I'm currently trying the Amara View. It is the smallest, since it fits under rather than over the nose. I think, however, the Amara View is more prone to leaks. I need a little more time with the comparison.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AirFit F10 Full Face CPAP Mask 

This is the one I use and like it very much
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ranubis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use the Fisher and Paykel, (F&P,) Simplus full-face mask and like it very much, for me, it has been the best mask I have tried, and I have tried many masks. Masks are such an individual thing, it's trial and error.
Good luck to you in finding a mask and also with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 10:56 AM)Melman Wrote: I've tried a number of full face masks over the past 10 years. Most irritate the bridge of my vose to the point that I need to quit wearing them. I have found the Quattro FX to be very comfortable and to have minimal leak problems in spite of the fact that a change fro side to side and to my back several times a night. I'm currently trying the Amara View. It is the smallest, since it fits under rather than over the nose. I think, however, the Amara View is more prone to leaks. I need a little more time with the comparison.

The Amara View is the mask I am currently using, it is terrible once I roll on my back, leaks are unbelievable. If you're a side sleeper I highly recomend it.
Post Reply Post Reply
2nd the Simplus ffm. Easy on the nose, seals well, good in any position.

I'm currently using a nuance but like the Dreamwear I dispise the poorly designed straps that won't stay put.

Love the Eson but for some reason after a yr its causes my skin to turn red and rashy over a large area of my face so I can't use it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 514 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 723 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.