Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on buying rental CPAPS online
Advice on buying rental CPAPS online
Hey everybody! This is my first post here, so if this breaks any rules feel free to remove it. I recently was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, the whole shebang, you already know how it goes. I have an AHI of 12, although like 80% of my incidents were hypopneas. Anyways, my mental state and mental clarity are slowly deteriorating and I most likely am not going to get my insurance paid CPAP until August at the earliest, due to the shortage. I'm desperate enough to fork out of pocket costs (hopefully under $300) for the two / three months of rental until I receive my real one. I just feel like I'm constantly phasing in and out of reality, and I want to do something about it. Does anyone have experience with online sites for rentals? I'm only 19 so I'm not really sure how all of this stuff works, and I don't have that much money to waste. I just want a legit site that delivers in a timely manner at a reasonable price. I heard thecpapbox was a good site? I'm looking for some advice because I couldn't find any online on Reddit, and on here I wasn't sure if the information was still up to date. Anyways, thank you so much for any help! Maybe I'm being a bit too paranoid, but you know how many scams there are online these days, so I'm just looking for any bit of guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on buying rental CPAPS online
Search your local Cragslist for "ResMed" and you might be able to find a used cheap CPAP machine.  You can get advice here about what machine to look for.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on buying rental CPAPS online
Also try Offerup. Most used machines don't include how used they are, just quoting normal use, but you can message the person selling the unit and ask how many run hours are indicated on the cpap and what model if not specified in the listing. I would only go with someone that has a history and good sellers ratings. Stay away from old listings as they are likely no longer valid. While Craigslist is local, Offerup is both local and has listings that will ship for an added fee. I have bought two new Resmed's on OfferUp in the past few years out of State that required shipping, an Aircurve 10 VAuto and a Airmini with no issues. I would stay away from Philips Dreamstation 1's, or System Ones, anything that is currently recalled. Make sure you get an auto cpap machine (one that adjusts pressure if you want it to), not only fixed pressure. for Resmed, that's the Airsense 10 Autoset APAP. If buying used, or even new on Craigslist or Offerup a lot of people won't have much product knowledge about what they are selling and it may not be in the listing, so you will need to ask to make sure it is an "autoset"and how used is it if it doesn't state so and you can't see it in the photos. You may also want to know if the unit was used in a non smoking home if that is important to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.