Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on increasing pressure
RE: Advice on increasing pressure
Got it, Thanks Stacey and Opal for the great information.  I use a thin (inch and a half) pillow and a homemade chin rest but it occurs to me that I might be moving my chin around it. Tonight I'll use a full collar (which can be uncomfortably hot) and a pillow that has a "head pocket" to limit movement.  Also, I'll include the pressure graph on tomorrow's post. 

Hal  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll have to tell me how to see the H and O events. Where are they and what does that mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the event flags chart OA and H are shown. You can put your mouse over each event and it shows the number of seconds it lasted
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom of the post (in my signature) is how apnea is classified. OA is the largest apnea which means it cuts down how much air gets through the blockage. Next largest blockage is the H events and finally the Flow Limits are the smallest blockage.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Stacey and Opal. 
I made the suggested changes to the machine: set min to 7, EPR to 3, used a collar, and a cervical pillow that has a shallow area in the center.

The increase to 7 min pressure created a challenge to get a good seal but that was resolved by tightening the two rear straps.
As expected, the foam collar was hot and it's probably what woke me up around 2:24 am as you'll see on the chart.

I'll be looking for a cooler collar and a pillow that permits my head to be lower     . I've always preferred a very shallow pillow, about 1 to 1-1/2 inch.

Thanks for your help. 
Hal
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think your EPR is set to FULL TIME at 3
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a small improvement, but your chart doesn't show the use of EPR. This is what you need to help with Flow Limitation and Hypopnea. Set EPR To 3.

Repost tomorrow. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, StaceyBurke and OpalRose. I'll check the settings regarding the EPR and repost tomorrow.
Hal
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning StaceyBurke and OpalRose!

I did find that my settings for EPR were probably not correct so I changed it to read as you'll see in the pic. I  slept with the same pillow, but I noticed that I had moved around a bit.

I'm not thrilled with last nights AHI so I'm looking forward to your comments.

Thanks, Hal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not much is going to change without finding a way to stop the positional apnea.  Again, you can see those where there are grouped Oa and H events.  You still have a ton of them.  The collar you are using is not working.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.