Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy Head info
Sleepy Head info
I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...

2. In the "Flags" section of SH there are tiny lines indicating an "incident" has occurred. When I hover over the incident line with my mouse I am given the incident name and in parenthesis there is a number. It changes depending on the incident type and the day's data. What is this number?

3. When I first started using SH, I am sure I saw a statistic in my data that said something to the effect of "non breathing time" for each sleep period. I assumed this was the sum of the various breathing cessation which occurred from all the events each night. But search as I may I don't seem to find this again. Is it there?Dont-know

Thanks

BillMar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepy Head info
From what I've gathered from previous posts, this graph was a good idea that took a left turn and wound up in the boonies.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote: I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...

2. In the "Flags" section of SH there are tiny lines indicating an "incident" has occurred. When I hover over the incident line with my mouse I am given the incident name and in parenthesis there is a number. It changes depending on the incident type and the day's data. What is this number?

3. When I first started using SH, I am sure I saw a statistic in my data that said something to the effect of "non breathing time" for each sleep period. I assumed this was the sum of the various breathing cessation which occurred from all the events each night. But search as I may I don't seem to find this again. Is it there?Dont-know

Thanks

BillMar

That chart was intended to be the distribution of events by pressure. It's kind of a fail at this point.

The events are also summarized on the Daily / Events detail. The number in parenthesis is seconds. I notice many events in PR machines are less than 10 seconds, so apparently it flags some pretty short duration events.

You can find the Total Time in Apnea in the overview chart. Hover over the TTIA chard for the day of interest and the number of seconds total will show up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider,

Thanks for the help on the three points. I appreciate it...

As regards question (2), I guess this must be some sort of a daily average of time per event. Even though I have multiple events in all the categories each day, the number in parenthesis is the same for each of those events for that day. It changes from day to day for each event flag.

However if I sum up, say, all the "H" or "OA" event seconds next to each flag on any given day, the sum of those seconds in the event flags section is very considerably more than the "total apnea" time in the wave form below. Curious...

BillMar

(03-12-2015, 08:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote: I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

Thanks

BillMar

That chart was intended to be the distribution of events by pressure. It's kind of a fail at this point.

The events are also summarized on the Daily / Events detail. The number in parenthesis is seconds. I notice many events in PR machines are less than 10 seconds, so apparently it flags some pretty short duration events.

You can find the Total Time in Apnea in the overview chart. Hover over the TTIA chard for the day of interest and the number of seconds total will show up.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 09:33 AM)BillMar Wrote: As regards question (2), I guess this must be some sort of a daily average of time per event.
However if I sum up, say, all the "H" or "OA" event seconds next to each flag on any given day, the sum of those seconds in the event flags section is very considerably more than the "total apnea" time in the wave form below. Curious...
BillMar
I believe the numbers in () are bugs. As Sleeprider answered, the times for the events are those indicated on the "Events" display of the Daily stuff on the left side. If you add them (H+CA+OA) up (they are in seconds) you get the total number of seconds in apnea displayed on the Overview as Minutes:Seconds

(03-11-2015, 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote: 1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...
Thanks
BillMar

I have not been able to figure out the triangular lines; but the rest of the chart is interesting. If you look at the AHI line this says that your AHI during the night at pressure 8 was 2.56. This is not very enlightening since your entire night was at 8. In my case, I spend time at pressures between 7 and 12 so that the different numbers are my AHI at the pressure "cell". They do not add up across pressures because of the different number of minutes in each pressure "cell" but if you divide the minutes (492.2) by 60 you get 8.2 hours; multiply that by the 1.22 on CA and you get the 10 clear airway events; multiply that by the 1.34 on H and you get the 11 hypopnea events; and multiply that by the .73 on RE and you get the 6 RERA events. This can then provide data on at what pressure "cells" you have events. Over time once could see the relationship between pressure and events using either % or index numbers. Data not as easy to exploit as one would like but spreadsheets are powerful.
You can see that for your purpose, the effort would add little because you were at a single pressure cell; but if they were distributed, the information content would be higher. Also with much more work you can extract data from the exported details or sessions csv files. They show more discreet pressure values.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all...
Got it now.

BillMar
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 11:20 AM)on the virge Wrote: ...I have not been able to figure out the triangular lines; but the rest of the chart is interesting. If you look at the AHI line this says that your AHI during the night at pressure 8 was 2.56. This is not very enlightening...

But if your pressure varies, it is more than enlightening, it is helpful (but probably should not even appear for fixed CPAP). If your pressure range is about right and the event aggregation is about at that pressure, then that is an indication that things are probably OK. But if you see spiking at higher, or lower pressures, that can be an indication that the range needs to be changed. Without knowing, my best guess would be that this was the intent of this feature.

It is not very intuitive, but much of this is complicated in the first place and would be difficult to portray intuitively to lay patients. I think the biggest flaw is that if you use EPR, which relates to EPAP, the events aggregate around those pressure numbers, when they probably should aggregate around our IPAP pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is that looking at the numbers (eg.AHI) on the chart without an understanding of their meaning can be misleading. An example would be 1 event during 5 minutes would display as 12 while you could have 30 events during a 5 hour period and it would display as 6. Not complex but can lead some folks to a wrong interpretation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,649 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.