Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clear Airway -RERA and other questions
RE: Clear Airway -RERA and other questions
..thank you all for your answers Thanks 

The problem is I did not have any CA's when I was diagnosed, just OA and Hypo ones. My AHI wasn't bad either, like 6.9 and on the back 12.5 .  I'm having a really hard time recently with this CPAP and not feeling like I'm half awake or waking up a few times at night! Plus, not sure if its related to it but having brain fog and unable to concentrate and basically crashing after a few hours awake again. Like I get that tired that I can literally feel my breathing slowing down and feeling all whoozy, when I lie down it doesnt even take a minute and I'm sleeping.

I had yesterday my 3rd appt with the Sleep People, they told me that everyone has CA's. Like if you would test someone with no Apnea they would show too. Well I disagree as I would have shown then in my test wouldnt I?

So I got the machine for another 2 weeks rental, trial, of course they wanted me to buy one but quite frankly I'm not wanting to fork out $ 2000 for something that at this point I don't even like. 

I have attached a few screenshots again lol. Any suggestions?

Also, is it normal for the Resmed to still trap air in the tube when I wake up and take the tube off my mask? The machine I have has not got Climate either, I couldn't find it neither could the Sleep Lady, its like missing?????
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that a small number of CA events is normal, and not harmful. Your frequancy and pattern of CA is not a concern, and is most likely sleep disruption that may be related to the flow limitations that seem to conicide with those events (not easy to see since FL is cut off in the charts. ) I think you have some positional obstructive apnea issues that would resolve with either higher minimum pressure or a soft cervical collar. I think you'd do better with a minimum pressure of 8.0, and avoid positions that cause airway obstruction. That may be chin-tucking or sleeping on your back. Otherwise, you're doing pretty good. Leaks are okay, and snore is not a problem, however, you need to bring the Flow Limitation chart up so we can see what is going on there, because it is driving your pressure, and has a close relationship with apnea events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes my sleeping on the back would defs make it worse, and sleeping on my side usually results in leaks but Sad 

I have attached the flow limit chart- what do you think?

Also, I shall try to set the minimum higher, see if that would maybe help and I think I also take the "for her" part off?

I'm just worried as I have a heart condition and sleep apnea most likely is associated with it, as it is a connective tissue problem I'm having, I always snored my entire life, I'm not overweight either so Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
o easy on pressure increase. I would not go higher than 8.0, then observe results. This is closer to your current median pressure, so will result in less fluctuation, and may get ahead of the FL. The For-Her algorithm is supposed to be responsive to flow limitation, and I would keep using it. Experimenting with standard mode is fine, and you can trial that to see if it makes a difference. The cluster of OA appears positional to me, and it will be interesting to see if it responds to higher minimum pressure.

Your results seem to be less than 3 AHI normally, so there is nothing urgent about improving the numbers, but a more steady pressure in your therapeutic range should be helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 174 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 235 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.