Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on travel CPAPs
RE: Advice on travel CPAPs
I'd love it if the new airmini humidifier could replace the water tank that dates back to the 20th century.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2017, 05:02 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 03:59 AM)holden4th Wrote: That's an interesting point but could the AirMini also point to the future size of your standard xPAP machine. I'm thinking mobile phones if you get my drift....

Uummmm... but mobile phones are getting bigger again these days.   Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lot

Coffee

A larger footprint for some maybe but slimmer and lighter which is what I would want when traveling with xPAP. If we look at what has happened to mobile phones, size wise, since their inception - and the word brick is very appropriate here - PAP therapy has not really moved forward that much. I just see the Airmini and Respironics upcoming device as the way forward. Smaller footprint, lighter in weight is the way to go. Battery power still remains as the major obstacle.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fact that resmed has taken the software control OUT of the mini and onto a mobile phone app is a huge advance. That as well as their heat moisture exchange (HumidX) waterless humidification do signal a shift to smaller equipment. Google Sullivan V CPAP to see how my first cpap 21 years ago had no humidifier, one constant pressure, no display, and could not record any sleep data.

The only problem is that the Airmini humidifier can't work with every mask and not with a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 614 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,443 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 514 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 722 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.