Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice please! (Newbie)
RE: Advice please! (Newbie)
(02-27-2021, 12:32 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Valtos I am in the UK and I an reading about your treatment so far and make a few observations. The Resmed VAuto is the best machine for treatment of UARS, I don’t believe Supplier #2 will supply an ASV without a prescription even internationally but not 100%.

I have had a number of sleep studies on the NHS one at home and two in hospital sleep studies. The NHS will provide everything you need but it is a slow process. Ring up your sleep clinic and ask for an emailed copy of your overnight test you are perfectly entitled to copies of any information held. I was given a print out at the analysis stage of my at home sleep study. It is unlikely due to COVID you will get an in hospital test at this time even my annual check overs have become phone consultations.

I self manage my treatment and I purchased my own ASV and my sleep clinic support me with that but this is due To me having complex sleep apnoea.

I am waiting with bated breath for sight of reports from Oscar from you good luck.

Hi Jas,

Yes, the slow process and current covid situation is why I'm attempting to be more proactive terms of in self management. 

I think you may have missed the part of the thread where I uploaded the results of the home study?

I'm hoping the Oscar reports using the rental Autoset 10 will be able to provide the answers as to the machine I actually need to purchase. Although your phrase "with bated breath" makes me wonder whether you agree with such a plan!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found your Sleep study, I am confused why you are being treated with an APAP machine your Overnight AHI was 2.5 with an RDI of 3.7 the oxygen desaturations also indicate a desaturation index of 2.5 these are within normal bounds of anything less than 5 and there is no requirement to prescribe a CPAP machine there are other reasons for disrupted sleep than disordered breathing.

Now if your your condition is UARS and then the sleep study and the machine will not really see anything going on and the best we can do is work through how you feel, and if using the machine helps you feel better then great.

Have you managed to track down an SD card for the Autoset and got OSCAR going yet ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2021, 03:32 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Just found your Sleep study, I am confused why you are being treated with an APAP machine your Overnight AHI was 2.5 with an RDI of 3.7 the oxygen desaturations also indicate a desaturation index of 2.5 these are within normal bounds of anything less than 5 and there is no requirement to prescribe a CPAP machine there are other reasons for disrupted sleep than disordered breathing.

Now if your your condition is UARS and then the sleep study and the machine will not really see anything going on and the best we can do is work through how you feel, and if using the machine helps you feel better then great.

Have you managed to track down an SD card for the Autoset and got OSCAR going yet ?

Respiratory doctor told me that its UARS (based on the study) and that an APAP machine may help things (he also said it may not). As I mentioned in another post, I asked him about trying a Bpap as I wasn't seeing a benefit from the APAP but he said it would be no more effective. The rental Autoset should arrive on Monday or Tuesday and I have an SD card already. 

Its difficult to accurately depict how my nights go, however, its very much a feeling of drifting in and out of shallow dream like sleep and never waking up feeling refreshed. I don't really have the feeling of waking up abruptly (not that I'm conscious of anyway) and I can always remember my dreams clearly. 

My girlfriend has previously observed that my sleep breathing made it look like I was in a bit if discomfort/a lot of effort but I dont snore (unless I've had a few too many beers).
Post Reply Post Reply
The data will answer a lot of questions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys, 

My device has arrived. Can anyone give me any advice re: settings for first night? 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
valtos, I suspect you have the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset on a rental basis. If you know what your pressure settings were with the Spriit II it would help to know those. A good starting point for someone with UARS is to set the following:
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure 8.0
Maximum Pressure 14.0
EPR: On Full Time
EPR Setting: 3
Ramp Off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Sadly I don't know the settings so I'll just go with what you have suggested. 

The SD Card is in the machine and Oscar is downloaded on my computer. Anything else to be aware of?
Post Reply Post Reply
Once we see the first night of data, we will know where you stand and what needs done to optimize. Those settings are generally comfortable and useful to a wide variety of people.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately the first night with my Autoset wasn't great. I wasn't feeling very comfortable with it and took if off after around three hours. I haven't been using the APAP for a few nights so wasn't used to it (I've been doing OK without it). I have attached the report - seems like I have a few Clear Airways?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Additonal snippings zeroing in on the CA's. I think I may well have been (semi) awake for the latter cluster.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 1 hour ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 9 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 177 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.